Chapter 4

Xavier Samuels as Brett Vardin in the picture.( I absolutely loved Xavier Samuels from the movie Twilight)

***

Because nothing makes me happier and nothing makes me sadder than you•

"It's my turn."

"No it's not."

"It is."

"No."

"Just let me change the fucking movie Elli!"

I laughed and handed Zach the remote before going to the kitchen. The popcorns were over. Mostly because we were throwing it at each other rather than devouring it.

It had been three days since school started and nothing interesting happened except the fact that I had to go to detention everyday after school and lie to my father about it. Gabriel hadn't been to school nor in detention for the past three days and I was a little worried. You just don't vanish into thin air after attending school on the first day.

I made more popcorn and headed towards the living room again where Zach was. My heart fluttered at the sight of him sprawled lazily on the couch.

He had come over as Lara had gone for dance classes and dad was at work. He knew I would be alone, like he quoted, and came over to give me company. Sometimes I liked to think he had a crush on me or something because of his actions and behaviour but the sad truth was he cared for his bestfriend. Damn the word.

I let out a deep breath and walked towards the couch with the popcorn.

"Finally! Took you forever." He grinned as he took the bowl of popcorn and started consuming it right away.

I gaped at him before snatching the bowl. "Stop hogging it down all on your own. It's for both of us." I scolded and settled down next to him with a scowl.

He rolled his eyes but let me keep the bowl. He motioned for me to come closer to him and when I did, he put his arms around me, cuddling me.

Frickin' shit!

This is normal Elliana! He always does that when you both watch a movie. It's a normal thing between bestfriends. There's nothing to worry about. No need to panic or freak out. Take dee-

I abruptly stood up not being able to take it anymore. My feelings for Zach had skyrocketed after I saw him during the first day of school when he came with me to my mother's grave for her 2nd death anniversary. He held me as I cried, comforted me. I realised I loved him a little too much. Now it was more difficult to be around him without keeping a straight face.

"What's wrong?" Zach asked, looking adorably confused.

Dammit!

"Bathroom! I forgot to pee!" I declared then ran towards the bathroom.

When I closed the bathroom door behind me, I looked at myself in the mirror. My face was flushed and I was breathing heavily. I splashed ny face with the cold water and narrowed my eyes at my reflection.

I had to keep my feelings under control. Zach had always thought of me as a friend after we first met. I didn't want to ruin what we had because of my feelings. If I acted all suspicious infront of him, him being the smart kid he is, would figure it out quickly and I didn't want that.