Chapter 26

I've been in love with someone that didn't love me back and I've been loved by someone that I didn't love back but I don't know which is worse: to be broken or to break another soul•

      I suddenly shook awake, and slowly looked at my surroundings. I was sporting a headache and I felt worse. Must be the hangover.

Sighing, I turned, laying on my back and just continued to look at the dull, white ceiling. Suddenly, last night's events came rushing in my head and my eyes widened hereafter.

Gabriel told me about his past with Zach.

Zach turned out to be a love sick puppy.

And Maddison was a two-faced lying bitch.

Damn!

I abruptly turned my head to my side and winced when it throbbed in pain. Shit. It hurt like hell. I looked over at my side and it was empty. There was no Gabriel lying there.

I sighed.

What was I thinking? That Gabriel would still be asleep with me in his arms, while the sun rays gently fall over us? Heck no. There was no Gabriel, the sun was being a bitch by shining directly on my face, I had a massive headache and I was cranky and groggy. Hangover mornings were the worst.

Then I instantly blushed when I realised something. I had feelings for Gabriel O' Neal, like what the hell? I knew I still had feelings for Zach so how could this happen? I groaned and buried my face in the pillow.  I was so messed up. 

"You're awake?"

I froze when I heard his voice. What the heck was he still doing here? Didn't he run away because hungover Elliana looked like shit?

I heard Gabriel chuckle and come towards me. "Yes, you do look like shit but that doesn't bother me."

I said that out loud, didn't I?

"Yes you did."

Fuck! I should stop doing that.

"Yes you should. Now look over here."

"Wait. No. I look really shitty. Stay away." I quickly said, suddenly feeling self-conscious. Why did I have to drink? I don't want to let him see me this way.

"Elliana, I already saw all your shitty states. Now look at me. I brought breakfast!" He said.

I immediately lifted my head a the sound of 'breakfast' and looked at Gabriel standing there with a smirk on his face and a tray filled with bacon and eggs on his hands.

As if on instinct, my stomach growled and I turned red in embarrassment while Gabriel laughed his heart out.

"Stop laughing!" I yelled, throwing a pillow towards him. He skillfully ducked and frowned at me.

"You would have knocked off the breakfast. Go wash up and then eat it." He instructed and placed the breakfast at the table.

I obediently ran towards the bathroom; ready to take a bite out of the heavenly-smelling breakfast that Gabriel made for me. This seemed so cliché and romantic. I giggled.

Wait. What? Heck no!

I closed the bathroom door and almost screamed when I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was sticking out in all directions and there was a trail of drool down my chin. There were bags under my eyes and my eyes were kinda red.  I looked horrible. Shitty was just an understatement.  And to say, Gabriel didn't mind me looking like this. Why did I have to embarass myself so much?