Chapter 8

If the world was blind, how many people would you impress?•

"I hate him!" Gemma yelled out in frustration and slammed her locker shut.

I looked at her amusedly. She was murmuring to herself and looked really angry and Gemma Daniels was rarely, truly angry.

"Whom are you talking about?" I asked, shutting my locker as well.

"Noah Arden that's who!" She snapped frustratingly.

I cringed a little at the harshness of her tone but shrugged it off. She was angry and that was understandable.

"The Noah Arden whom you are tutoring? Is that kid that much naughty?" I asked, confused.

She laughed dryly. "Except that he's not a kid but a 17 year old pervy, flirty, hot as heck teen guy with those two dimpled cheeks and-" She stopped herself, realising what she was saying and almost cried out in frustration again.

"But I thought he was some 10 year old kid." I mused.

"Exactly! The way mom described him was like a defination of a perfect, disciplined kid but in actuality he is the devil in disguise! He is a teen for fudge's sake and mom is okay with that? This is complete torture!" She groaned and leaned her head against the lockers.

I couldn't help but chuckle. This was one of the rare times I was seeing Gemma this angry. She always had a grudge against guys who were flirts and players and now she was thrown into a room with one. I could only imagine the frustration she must be feeling.

"Calm down Gemma. What did he do?" I asked; a little bit interested after Gemma let it slip that he was 'hot as heck'. She never described guys that way.

"All through the tutoring session, he kept staring at me and when I caught him staring at me, he would use a fudging pick up line on me. It took a whole lot of self control to not murder him right then and there. I have to tell mom I can't do this tutoring thing anymore. It will affect my studies severely. I'm sure of that." She ranted then walked away to who-knows-where. This was interesting.

I shook my head in amusement and turned around only to see Zach at the end of the hallway. He still did not apologize for what he did yesterday. I thought about it a lot and I knew I was not at fault there. He judged Gabriel and I was defending him. He should be the one to apologise. Not me.

I ignored him and decided to eat lunch outside since I didn't want any awkward atmosphere at the lunch table with Zach and me not interacting with each other.

I headed towards the courtyard and towards the big tree at the corner of the courtyard. I always went there when I didn't feel like eating inside.

To my surprise again, Gabriel was seated there writing something. Why did I always encounter with him? And what was with the tightening of my stomach this time?

I headed towards him and sighed. "Funny how you're always seizing my territory." I said, sitting down next to him.

He quickly hid his book inside his bag and glared at me. "Funny because I think you're stalking me."

I chuckled. "Now that's funny."

"What do you want?" He asked, straight to the point. I rolled my eyes at his behaviour and pulled out his book from my sidebag.