Chapter 12

•Everytime she laughs, she hopes he's watching, hoping that he will fall for her smile just as hard as she fell for his.•

Groaning, I held my head in hopes of calming the loud pounding of a thousand elephants playing tag inside. I felt horrible. Horrible was just an understatement. I couldn't even describe what the heck I was feeling but it was not a good feeling at all.

I suddenly lurched forward when I felt my stomach rumble and I had to stagger towards the bathroom, lean against the toilet seat and hurl the contents out of my stomach. I felt really sick with all the dizziness and pounding of the head.

Flushing the toilet, I stood up, a bitter taste left in my mouth and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked horrible as well. Like a witch or whatever was ugly than that. Did I really get drunk last night? Something to tick off from my to-do-list I guess.

I quickly slipped out of my clothes from the previous night and took a long, relaxing shower. It helped with the pounding a little bit. Just a little bit. I walked back into my room feeling all groggy and unpleasant. Just a few hours ago, I was criticising people who drank at parties and here I was procuring a massive hangover. Oh, the irony.

I took an Advil pill and scarfed it down,  massaging my throbbing head a little.

Wait. What day was it today?

I looked at my phone and realised it was a freaking Wednesday. Fuck! They just had to organise a party on a school night! Great!

I looked at the time next and realised I only had 5 minutes to reach school! Dammit! I was definitely late today.

I groaned in frustration and put on random clothes lying in my closet and soon enough I was running towards school. Oh my god! Why didn't any of my idiotic friends wake me up or come to my house? And where the hell was Lara? Pushing all the other thoughts aside, I concentrated on my running. I was not athletic at all so it was no surprise that I stopped at a certain place after about one minute, bent down and huffed hard trying to regain my breath. It was karma for the many track classes I missed during junior year. Thanks a lot karma.

A few seconds later, I was running again. The fact that my head was pounding, feeling like a thousand hammers hammering onto it, and that I beared an empty stomach was not helping at all.

Exactly thirty minutes later, I was crawling towards my first class. Okay, not crawling but I was struggling to carry my body to class. I felt really weak and sick. I even forgot to eat breakfast. Why was today a bad day?

Deciding not to disturb the first period in between, I walked towards the library to rest my aching body. Maybe I should work out a bit just in case situations like this arose. Not that I was keen on drinking again. I would never, now that I knew what it resulted into.

When I saw no one was around in the library, not even the librarian, I sighed in relief and made my way towards the couch kept in the far corner of the room. It was infront of a large glass window and I loved sitting here and watching the town view sometimes. I made myself comfortable on the beige coloured couch, which was so damn comfortable, and looked out the window. Today was no exception.

I smiled a little as the sun peeked over some clouds and its rays fell down in the town below. Our school was somehow built on a cliff and so the town seemed a little bit small when I looked at it from this point.

"You're actually skipping class?"

I snapped my head up at the familiar voice. Zach smiled at me and came to sit down beside me. Alcohol sure made me forget what  I felt last night after I consumed it but it didn't take away the memory of Zach with some mystery girl. I felt my heart constrict painfully but I gave him a smile anyway. He was my best friend after all.