Chapter 31

•in a world of unlimited choices, adore those who go hard for you•

"Are you really okay?"

I rolled my eyes at my little sister and sighed. "I'm fine Lara. You don't have to worry about me."

She still looked unconvinced. "Let me do that f-"

"Lara. I'm just keeping the plates away. Nothing will happen." I reassured her for the nth time with a final smile and strutted towards the kitchen.

It was just the second day that I was out of the hospital and all my family and friends have been pampering me and were being careful with me like I would just disappear suddenly. I was happy and appreciated it that they were concerned but it was starting to get a tiny bit annoying. I even reconfirmed about my injuries to the doctor. I was totally fine now except that I may get little headaches once in a while.

"Hey honey. I'm home." I heard dad calling out from the from door and a smile immediately graced on my face. He had been trying to work hard on our relationship as well and although I may still flinch or cower away from him sometimes, I was really happy with the effort he was trying to make to build our family up together.

"Hard day at work?" I asked, scrunching my nose playfully. He looked really tired.

He sighed and kissed my forehead before removing his tie and walking towards his room. "My client's case is a little bit complicated so it's taking a lot of time than expected." He said with a tired smile.

Dad was a lawyer so I understood the struggles he had to face. I smiled and poured him a glass of water.

"You'll make the case successful like always. I believe in you." I reassured him as he took a sip out of the water.

"And so do I." Lara suddenly said, coming into the room and plopping down on the bed next to dad. Dad laughed and ruffled her hair.

"Thank you honey. I feel happy hearing that." Dad sadly said, looking at both of us. My heart ached a little at the expression he was making. Mom must have always encouraged him when he had a stressful day.

I gave both of them a small smile and excused myself to go to my room. Sighing, I entered the room and plopped down on my bed. The sound of my phone ringing brought me out of my thoughts and I answered it after seeing that it was Gemma.

"Hey."

"EL!" She yelled making me flinch and move the phone away from my ear. Gosh. She sure was excited about something.

"Can you like not shout and calmly tell me what's wrong?" I asked with a sigh.

"Sorry. But I'm having a huge crisis right now! I can't calm down!" She yelled again.

"What kind of crisis?" I asked, a little bit interested.

"Noah asked me to come meet his parents tonight." She said, eerily calm now which meant she was really nervous.

I smiled. "So you guys had been together since before."

I could feel her blush. "N-No. We weren't together then. It was when you were recovering that we kissed and then kissed a little more and then he asked me out."

"Aww. That is so cute. So what's this deal with meeting his parents?"

"Apparently his parents think that he's lying about him having a girlfriend so he wants me to meet them tonight. What should I do? What should I wear? I am definitely going to make a fool out of myself. This is really nerve wrecking!" She rambled out.

"Okay. First of all. Breathe in and out."

I heard her take an intake of breath and releasing it as well. "Now listen to me carefully."