Onew: One Last Dance

He kicked around the remaining confetti that had fallen on the stage floor. He walked in circles thinking about his future. His graduation ceremony had just ended. The red gown he had worn swayed as he took each step and kicked the confetti. He held his cap in his hands.
'What will my future be like without you?' He silently thought.
He looked to the chairs that remained empty in the auditorium. Everyone was outside posing for pictures with their family or had already left. He had no one to go home to or take pictures with. Some friends offered to take some pictures, but he declined. He took a seat at the edge of the stage with his hands intertwined. Then the sound of heels made a noise.

Thinking it was just a teacher, he didn't look back. He looked beside him as he saw black heels with black skinny jeans. He looked away. A balloon was tossed at his head. He looked up connecting with her twinkling eyes.

"(Y/n)..." He whispered in shock.
You smiled down on him with your hair draping over your shoulders.
"Hey Jinki."
You sat next to him in your white cap and gown. Yours was white because guys wore red and girls wore white for the graduation.
"I thought you never wanted to speak to me again..." Jinki said looking away. "You're my friend." Was your reply.
"We've been friends for four years, and I refuse to let anything happen to us. Eventually I had to get over what happened... I had to forgive you." You said softly.
He looked at you. Back when you were sophomores, Jinki had done the unforgivable.  You had said with tears in your eyes that you would never forgive him and never speak to him again. But you never knew until now, when you were older and wiser, that the situation was a misunderstanding. Some things still remained as the unknown to you. All he tried to do was express his feelings for you. But he never got to. And he never got over you.

"So what are your plans for the future?" You asked him.
He shrugged. "Idunno. I don't really have one right now. Not without you..." He said with a sad tone.
You sighed and lay a hand on his cheek. You smiled.
"Jinki, I forgave you, okay? It's our graduation day. Idunno about you, but I plan to spend all my time with my friend."
"Who?"
"You, silly."
"Me? But you said-"
"Jinki ah." You interrupted. "We said we'd be friends until the end, so that's what's real. That's my future. Being with you again." You told him.
You pulled out your phone and put on you're favorite song. It was slow but compassionate. You stood up and held a hand out for him to take.

"Dance with me." You smiled.
For the first time in a long time, he smiled. He took you hand as you pulled him up. He held your torso as you put your hands around his neck and danced with him. You lay your head on his chest and he hugged you still remaining light in his feet.
"I missed you so much (Y/n)... Promise this time will be forever." He whispered.
"Jinki, you're as eager as always." You laughed. You looked up at him. He was smiling.
"Good to see that smiling face again." Seeing him happy made you happy. With emotions welling up inside you both, you simultaneously kissed each other. Jinki's blush became deep. As you pulled away seeing him blush you laughed.
"You're so cute." You complimented. He smiled and embraced you as the song ended.
"I'm so sorry for everything I did you to. I never meant to make you cry. One last dance is what I needed."
"Haha, this definitely won't be our last dance. You're apart of my future."
"What are you saying?" He asked. "Well we're independent now. We graduated, we did it. Now it's our time to create a future. My future consists of you. I guess what I'm saying is that , if we're gonna spend our future together, let's be together." You stated.
Jinki was shocked from his core. This was something he always wanted with you. Ever since you disappeared on him all he wanted was to be with you and be apart of your life. Now he finally got it. "I think that's a great idea. I've always planned on having a future with you since we met as freshman. This is truly a dream come true." He said kissing your forehead.
"Mine too." You smiled. "And since you have no one to take a graduation picture with..." You said while taking out your phone. "Let me be the one and only."
He smiled and nodded. You held up your phone with your front camera and snapped a pic of your graduation with him. A true smile shone on his face. He was finally happy.

The words from the song that inspired this one shot:
"Freshman year I saw your face, now it's graduation day. Said we'd be friends until the end, can we start again?"
-One Last Dance- R5