Chapter 62: Archer's POV

Start from the beginning

    "Hiya Alpha Archer!" Eva beamed at me, she sat next to me with her hand moving across the surface of the table, seemingly holding a pencil as she talked to me.

"Hi Eva, what are you doing?" I asked her, curiously looking at what ever she was doing, her aura purple with concentration and going into a yellow around her.

   "I'm drawing a picture of my family," she informed me, not even looking up at me, which in some wolves eyes, a sign of disrespect, but I adored Eva, so that didn't really matter. She was a gem. Irene had described her sister to have long brown hair, bright blue eyes like hers and a thin stature, only because she wouldn't eat her greens. In Irene's eyes, she was a beautiful young girl who wanted to draw as her career, even if I couldn't see it, Eva probably was a decent artist.

 In Irene's eyes, she was a beautiful young girl who wanted to draw as her career, even if I couldn't see it, Eva probably was a decent artist

(EVA ABOVE)

                After five minutes of boring conversations starters, we all finally decided to order. Irene ordered a chicken burger and chips, whilst I ordered deer steak and chips along with soda as a drink. Her parent's had ordered steak and salad, Irene's younger siblings ordered off the kid's menu and I didn't catch Elena and her mate's order. We finally eased into a light hearted conversation with Mr and Mrs Rose slyly giving me questions about Irene and I's relationship. I answered politely and they seemed satisfied with my answer.

    The food came quickly since I was Alpha, I was the first one to eat and allowed everyone else to do the same after I took the first bit, it was a customary act for any Alpha with a group of wolves. As I remembered, the food was delicious, like always. The savoury taste of deer practically watered my mouth as I ate with my new sight, sometimes Irene would feed me a piece of her burger as a mate would normally do, and I would do the same, not caring if her parents were watching. Elena and her mate did the same.

   "So Alpha Archer, where do you suppose on going after visiting our pack?" Mr Rose asked as he ate his food, but, his eyes were on mine. I gulped down my food and wiped away excess oils from my mouth before replying.

   "It's a secret sir, however, I believe Irene would be  ecstatic to explore when we get there," It was no secret that after we visit her old pack, we'd be going somewhere quite romantic and place I know she'd like, I just hoped her parents wouldn't ruin the surprise.

   "Mmmh, good, treating my daughter like a princess, good," he replied as he cut into his steak.

   "Queen, you mean," I hummed, biting into my steak and another conversation rolled over our old one. Irene only blushed at my words.

       "Honey, can we steal Archer for a bit? We'd like to talk to him in privacy," Mrs Rose said, directing her attention to Irene and then to me after we finished our meal. I felt Irene still next to me, but I held her fingers in my hand and rubbed them comfortingly, hoping to get her slightly relaxed before I left her to talk to her parents.