[03]

After a few more days of relaxation, it was finally time to visit Diagon Alley. With the thought of starting their second year, everyone was ecstatic to be going back to Hogwarts.

       Arabella stood beside the Weasleys patiently waiting as Harry stood inside the fireplace. It was evident on his face that he was inexperienced with the Floo Network. She watched him with a fondness in her eyes as he took a good amount in his hand. It wasn't until George nudged her did she take her eyes off of him.

       "You're staring." He whispered a sly grin on his face. Arabella's face grew hot as she tried to play it off.

       "I was not." She protested giving one of the twins a glare.

       "Was too." Fred spoke up, for a moment it seemed like there was a tinge of jealousy in his voice. But Arabella was unsure because she turned back to Harry who had just vanished.

       "He did say that correctly, didn't he?" she questioned as everyone looked around at each other.

       After entering the fireplace Arabella was more than ready to retrieve Harry. When the time did come, he did not show up alone. Hagrid was alongside him, saying how Knockturn Alley was not the place to be. He wasn't wrong, it's like Diagon Alley, but dark. Don't want to mix with the wrong sort.

       "Close your mouth you're drooling." George teased his brown eyes gleaming as he looked back and forth between Arabella and Harry who was walking alongside Ron.

       "Put a sock in it, or I swear you will not enjoy the consequences." That's when Fred decided to come into the conversation.

       "You know Bells, you're almost as intimidating as Ronald."

       "Hey!" Said boy called out from in front. That's when all three busted out laughing.

       "Would you two like to accompany me down to retrieve a new broom? Mine was um, damaged." Instantly the twin's attention was caught,

       "What happened to your other one?"

       "Hadn't Cetus just gotten it for you?"  

       "Yes, he had. It turns out that Gael wanted to try out a new fire charm she'd just learned." 

       At the mention of her horrid cousin, the twin's expressions turned sour. It made Arabella's face turn a scarlet color seeing how their jaws clenched. Ever since an incident occurred at Hogwarts between Gael and Arabella, that may or may not have included a jinx or two, George and Fred were very disliking, to say the least of her cousin.

       "Please say you're joking." Fred stated his eyes burning. Shaking her head Arabella reached down and grabbed their hands. She pulled them along towards Quality Quidditch Supplies.

       "I shouldn't have said anything." She mumbled as they got closer to the shop.

       "And why not? So she can keep bullying you?" George looked down at her then to his twin.

       "I can handle it. I promise. I've been coming up with a way to get back, but I might need your help." She looked back with a smile, it appeared that both Fred and George began to simmer down. "Now come on." She dragged them along quickly, excited to see the new brooms.

       Once they entered, the smell of the equipment made her feel at peace. Though she'd only been a part of the team for a year, she'd fallen in love with the sport.

       "Would you two like something?" she had let go of their hands and was now facing them.

       "We couldn't." Both said at the same time. It was hard for her to see them like this. Whenever she offered to buy them something they got a little fidgety.

       "Please, I insist." Her grey eyes held a glint of mischief as she tried to persuade them.

       "Ara, really we're fine."

       "So three new brooms, is it? Alright." She ignored Fred and continued her way towards the brooms. That was until someone grabbed a hold of her arm. Arabella looked back to see Fred's pleading eyes.

       "Really. We are fine." Their eyes locked for what seemed like forever until she turned away.

       "Fine, but I'll get a used broom then." She could tell that they were about to protest so she moved quickly. 

Now in the back of the shop, she clearly was not paying attention for she had run into someone. As her back hit the floor the contents in the other's arms fell all around her.

       "I am so, terribly sorry." She looked up to see who she had collided with and her breath hitched. To say he was handsome was an understatement, he had dark hair and bright grey eyes.

       "No, I'm sorry. I didn't see you there."

       "Likewise." She took his outstretched hand and pulled herself up.

       "You're Arabella, right?" He spoke gathering his things. A blush crossed her cheeks as he said her name, she was at a loss for words as she looked at the boy.

       "Y-yes, I am." Her eyes shone a little wonderstruck, yet there was a sense of curiosity.

       "I apologize, you don't know me, yet I know your name. Seems a bit odd I suppose. I'm Cedric Diggory."

  ♢ ♢ ♢  

If it isn't Pretty Boy Diggory himself. He's met quite a bit earlier, and I could not be happier lol. Anyways, here is the latest update, I do apologize for it being rather late. Hope you enjoy, please vote, comment, and follow!

-Des