Mac looked amazed, Trent being responsible so unlike him.

"Wait before you guys go we need to talk about something." Mac said, they were hesitating in the doorway. "While I was, um, away." Mac said trying to make it sound more like a vacation then a torture chamber. " I was thinking that we need somebody to be able to take care of the pack while I'm away and I was thinking..." Mac said.

"Jason as beta?" Trent said cutting her off.

"Well, yes I was thinking Jason could be beta," Mac said. Giving Trent a look like how do you know?

"He was kind of in charge before you, almost like acting alpha," Trent answered.

"I don't know guys, it wasn't like I was actually in charge at that time," Jason said.

"Come on, you were born for the role," John replied.

"Say yes, cause you are made for it," Mac said.

"I don't know you that well, but I could see it," Katie said.

"Um, okay then," Jason said.

"So how do we make this official?" Mac asked looking at John.

"I think you need to dub him like a knight," Trent answered. The whole room gave him a look, except John.

"He is actually right, he needs to kneel and accept ownership of the pack while you are away."

"Um, okay," Mac responded. "Jason will you kneel before thy." Jason came over and kneeled before her.

"You don't have to speak in Shakespearean language," John said.

"It is my ceremony she can speak any way she wants to," Jason stated, causing the room to laugh.

"Do thy Jason accept the role of Beta? To take care of the pack if I am ever to disappear again?" Mac said.

"I do," Jason replied. The pack shivered feeling the power of him shift.

"Great," Mac said. "You may stand." Jason stood up lifting her up into a hug.

"Thank you," Jason susurrate into her ear.

"You more than deserve it," Mac said. He slowly let her go, his cheek brushing against hers causing shivers to run through her body. Jason smiled looking into her eye, he had to look away a second later. Even though he was Beta now she was still Alpha and this was his wolf way of obeying.

"Now breakfast." Trent declared, "Come on new Beta let's clean." Jason looked over giving Mac a small smile before following him into the kitchen.

Trent and John followed letting Katie and Mac sit on the couch. It was pushed back so the boys and Katie could lay down while watching the movie.

"All they did was talk about you," Katie said after an awkward silence.

"Hopefully all good things," Mac replied, she didn't really know what to say. How much did this girl know?

"Don't worry, it was all good things. Almost like they worship you." Katie answered.

"Well, now that sounds creepy," Mac said, a flash of Zane crossed her mind and she shivered a bit. "Why don't you tell me how you and Trent met," Mac said.

"We were both in town, I had just gotten off a shift and was doing some shopping. He ran straight into me, not on purpose he was just late for work himself." Katie said, she was grinning ear from ear with joy. "He smiled and when we locked eyes he said mate. He was happy ish, I couldn't tell why he was upset until later that week he told me what was going on with you. This person that kidnapped you, was that the person you were hiding from at the restaurant that night. Because I thought it was Sandy and Gage."