Chapter 24 [📱]

Start from the beginning

I glanced at her. "I don't though."

She squeezed my hand and let go as I made a turn. "I know baby but she doesn't know that."

"It's going to be really awkward," I said with a wince. "I mean we—" I cleared my throat as I saw Camila watching me, "—we shared something."

"Y/N, I already know you two had sex."

I choked on air.

I didn't even think it was possible until it happened to me. I slowed the car down as I began coughing with Camila looking at me amusedly. "I mean," she continued, "there's not much you can hide from Dinah. And there's not much Dinah can hide from me."

Luckily we stopped at a red light. "I—I'm s—sorry," I said in between coughs.

Camila just shrugged and smiled. "I don't really care much about it. I mean, she can be your first... as long as I'm your last."

I just stared at Camila with my mouth agape. "What?" she asked.

"Did you just throw me a hint that you want to have sex?"

She pursed her lips and clicked her tongue. "Well we are gonna do it sooner or later."

And for the second time in five minutes, I learned how dangerous air could be. Thirty minutes later, we finally arrived at her house. We would've arrived earlier if not for the fact that I had to stop and catch my breath because I was coughing so hard.

Camila walked up the steps while I trudged behind her with a suitcase in tow. She rang the doorbell and I tried to fix my clothes and hair for the tenth time since I walked out of the car. Camila must've noticed me fidgeting because she kissed my cheek and smiled.

I smiled back but immediately frowned. "No sexual innuendos in front of your parents or I'll die."

She giggled. "No promises, babe."

Soon enough, Sinu greeted us at the door and hugged Camila. "Y/N!" she exclaimed and hugged me. "It's good to see you. Is your foot okay?"

"Yeah, Camila's been taking care of me so I'm recovering fast."

"Well, I'm glad to hear it. Now, come in you two."

Camila and I walked inside her house and I placed the suitcase beside the staircase as Sinu made her way to the kitchen. "Ma, where's Papi and Sofi?" Camila asked.

"Oh your father is in the backyard," Sinu called out. "Sofi is in her room getting ready, I think."

Camila looked at me, waiting for my decision if I wanted to talk to Alejandro or Sofi. I glanced at the suitcase and decided talking to the younger girl was more imminent. "Let me talk to Sofi. I have a lot of things to explain."

She smiled at me and gave me a kiss before walking to her father. I took a deep breath and climbed up the steps to talk to Sam's best friend.

-//-//-//-//-//-

There were no sounds coming from Sofi's room and I began to wonder if maybe she was sleeping. But I still decided to knock to make sure. Ever since that day at the funeral, I haven't talked to her at all. I'm sure she heard Drew say that I killed Sam. Did Sofi believe that? Camila said no but I wanted to make sure.

The door opened and I was met by a small girl looking up at me in a pink dress. "Hey, Sofi. Can I come in?"

She hesitated for a second but opened the door nonetheless. There were dolls strewn on the floor and she made her way to them. I sat beside her, my legs crossed as she grabbed the dolls in her hands.