Prologue; Connect

Start from the beginning

"You know, the last time we talked to a new apprentice without permission they fell into a coma for a month." The blue haired girl said in annoyance. Terra rolled his eyes, ignoring her worry. The blonde haired girl, however, stepped back in concern.

"Ven was hurt, that's all it was. She looks fine." He said. Looking at the blonde he noticed her concern. He laughed a little. "Don't worry, you'll be fine." Before he could continue Aqua's voice cut him off.

"Master Eraqus!" Aqua said in surprise. "I tried to stop him, really." She said. The black haired master entered the room with Aqua and a blonde boy following him. He looked at Terra with a frown.

"Terra, I told you to wait outside the room." Master Eraqus said, disappointment clear in his voice. Terra looked down at his feet. He opened his mouth to speak, but the blonde spoke before he could.

"It's ok, I was getting lonely anyway." The blonde said stepping forward. The Master looked at her with interest. Terra looked at her with a smile, surprised that she stood up for him.

"Very well, however, I expect more obedience in the future." Master Eraqus decided. He gave the blonde a warm smile that settled her nerves. Maybe this place wasn't so bad. "Now, all of you." Master Eraqua said turning to the other three apprentices. "This is Y, she'll be training with us, as you're all aware of by this point. Please introduce yourselves."

Terra only waved, which made Y laugh. Master Eraqus didn't remark, but Y assumed that meant he knew Terra had already introduced himself. Aqua elbowed him playfully.

"I'm Aqua, though Terra already told you that." She said with a smile. Y smiled in return. The blonde boy of the group was looking at Y in interest.

"Why is your name Y?" The blonde asked. Terra covered his mouth while trying not to laugh. Aqua looked at the blonde in shock. Master Eraqus looked down at him and sighed in exasperation.

"Ven!' Aqua yelled. Y on the other hand laughed. The others looked at her in surprise.

"You have no idea how many times I asked that." Y said through her laughter. "I never got a good answer either." She continued. The blonde nodded.

"Oh, ok." He said. "I'm Ventus, but you can call me Ven." He greeted, smiling as he put his hands behind his head. Y smiled in return, surprised how much she was liking this group.

"It's nice to meet you all." She said. Maybe things really wouldn't be as lonely as she thought.

*<3*

The blonde boy stumbled on to the ground. He fell to his knees, not at all surprised it had come to this. He wasn't even sure why he was running at this point. He had known this would happen for years now. It was only a matter of time. But still, every instinct inside of him told him to run. Maybe he could escape it. Maybe he didn't have to die.

The boy stood up and began running again. He ran through the woods he had always hidden in since his childhood. It was his home turf. If he was going to survive, this would be the place.

But luck wasn't on his side.

The blonde tripped again. This time he felt his ankle twist and heard a loud crack. He didn't have to try standing to know it had broken. He pushed himself into a sitting position muttering under his breath.