"Sure," he nodded, surprised and led the way to the driveway where his car was. It was beaten, old, and generally a piece of crap, but anything was better than being near Alex. I jumped into the car with him and buckled my seat belt. Alex walked over to the window and growled, "You're going to have to deal with Jasey and I as a couple."

I felt my heart shattered and I feared moving forward with any point in my life from that moment on. I rolled down the window, angry and numb, looked him dead in the eye and snarled, "Fix my brother's damn tires and leave me alone!"

John looked at me and I confirmed with a short, hard nod that he could now drive away.

"What was that about?" he asked once we were on the highway.

"Nothing," I groaned, "Thank you for driving me home."

"No problem," he responded, more focused on turning at my exit. It wasn't a long drive I lived about five minutes away from Jordon by car, but I wished it was longer sometimes. I think he did too. We just wanted to stay away. We couldn't be friends and we couldn't be a couple. Until we could be a together I wanted miles to part us not minutes. But at that moment I wanted miles so I could spend more time with John, even if that time was spent mostly in silence.

He stopped in front of my house, "Tell your brother I said hi."

"Sure," I grimaced, "Bye."

"Bye Stella," he said sadly.

We stared at each other for a while then finally pulled into a hug. Pulling away was bitter sweet, but we both had to go and we couldn't prolong this goodbye any longer.

"I'll call you later?" I asked checking to see if that would be okay.

A big grin lite up his face, "Yeah, call me later."

I coughed a little and then got up to leave. I walked slowly into my house because of the realization that I'd have to see Zack terrified me. I wasn't afraid he'd hit me, he'd never do that, but when Zack got mad he was a force. I turned the doorknob quietly, praying that no one was there. First I poked my head in and it looked safe so the rest of my body followed. I turned slightly to the right to see Jasey lounging in my living room by herself.

Her head popped out and she glared at me.

"Why are you here?" I asked bitterly.

"My boyfriend lives here," she looked me up and down like she was sizing me and then stood to meet my height, "And unlike you he paid for it."

"Your boyfriend? You mean the guy who humped and dumped you last time you two saw each other?" I scoffed.

"That was last time," she growled.

"I can't believe you'd go after him when you knew I liked him," I crossed my arms resentfully.

"I can't believe you'd like him after he humped and dumped me."

"I can't believe you'd like him after he humped and dumped you!"

She rolled her eyes at me, "You are so spoiled. You can't give up this one little thing. You're just jealous of me!"

"I'm not jealous of you, you dirty-"

"Stella," Jack said from behind me, "Can you show me how to fix the toilet upstairs?"

I gave her one final glared before and nodding and going off to help Jack. I knew there was nothing wrong with our upstairs toilet and he just wanted me to get away from Jasey, but I went with him anyway. I followed him into Zack's room, across the hall from mine, and was surprised to see Zack already waiting there for us.