8. Serendipity by ShadieTree

*Completed*

Summary

It started with a fortunate mistake. It ended in a mistaken fortune.

 * * * *

They get gold if they're lucky. Most of the time, they settle for silver. It's not a question for Damien Jacobs. For his whole life, he has been stealing from families with his controlling father as his accomplice. After a whole life of living like a criminal, Damien finds himself having a change of heart when he starts to get cozy with the son of the rich family that he's trying to steal from. But regardless of his father's commands, Damien is willing to leave his theft days behind.

***

Thoughts 

Oh where to begin with this book. My love for it grows every single reread I give it. My reasoning for loving this book lies with how the characters were written and portrayed. For once, an author created realistic characters with realistic flaws. Some authors try WAY too hard to create quirky and interesting characters and it gets to a point where I can't take the characters or the author seriously while reading. Another story for another day.

Plotwise, this book was flawless. Every subplot and plot wist weaved into this beautiful web of lies and deceit that the foundation of this story lies on. Speaking of that foundation, how creative of a story to write?! I usually don't pick up books with crime lords or any of that sort, but I had read other books by this author and decided to give it a go because I know she writes amazing romances. Was not disappointed.

Overall, I highly recommend this one!

***

Fancast: Yet again, I agree with the author's choice of casting. You all know my taste in men now I assume.

Damien Jacobs: Logan Lerman (don't even care I'm repeating)

Levi Samuels: Dave Franco (whoops)

I used new gifs though so you are welcome