7. The District Line by CFWhiteUK

*Completed* - no longer available on this site.
Please check the author's profile to see how you can read it!

Summary

Jay Rutland only ever wanted to be one thing; a professional footballer. A disastrous brawl on the pitch has him released from his pro-Academy and living his backup plan as a university Sports Scholar. Head down, train hard and get scouted is his mantra. Until the day he crashes into the man who may just shoot all that to hell.

Mike Saunders only ever wanted to be one thing; a Rock Star. His father has other plans for him. Live it up, chase the dream and rock out to his mantra. Until he crashes into the man who may just change his tune.

Mike and Jay live opposite ends of the District Line in London. Separated by wealth, status and their own life-long dreams, this modern-day romance is a story of overcoming barriers, facing fears and beating rejection to finally get the love you need to achieve it all.

***

Thoughts

Alright, alright, alright. This book is sexy. Like Matthew McConaughey sexy. Bold statement, I'm aware. But the relationship between Jay and Mike can only be described as sexy. They are both strikingly different, yet mold together like two puzzle pieces. Also, the author incorporates their family life in their love story beautifully. The issues and conflicts that arise between the two are realistically heartbreaking, which only makes their reconciliation sex that much more satisfying. Speaking of, the author knows how to write a great sex scene!

Not only do I love our main men, but the author includes hilarious and amazing side characters that just add to your enjoyment of the story. (I strive to be exactly like Ann in the future).

I have so much love and respect for these characters and their story and hope you guys read it!

***

Fancast

Jay Rutland: Max Thieriot

Mike Saunders: Sebastian Stan