3. Hidden Play by HarlemDiggity

*Completed*

Summary

Moving to a new school senior year is hard enough, but when Aiden's eyes continue to land on the one person that is all wrong for him - a fellow teammate who won't give him the time of day - things get complicated.

Quickly.

Will Aiden survive his final year of high school? Will he be able to balance being true to himself while still trying to fit in with the pressures of senior year?

Or will he fall apart completely, succumbing to a lust that is beyond his control?

***

Thoughts

I loooooove this book. Like the last one, I read this in one day as well.

I'd like to first start with, again, the progression of Aiden and Zion. Their relationship is just so darn adorable and sexy at the same time. How? Who the hell knows? Aiden is your classic closeted jock, but Zion's character is so interesting and mysterious. His actions and motivations are completely out of left field sometimes, but it keeps the book super interesting.

The plot itself is yes, a little cliché, but you get past it because of the wonderful writing by the author. I really enjoyed all of the side characters and how they were involved in the main plot of the story. All of the conflicts in this book were dealt with in a very interesting, you-didn't-see-it-coming way. I don't want to give away anymore so just go freaking read it.

***

Fancast I totally agree with the author soooooooo

Aiden: Steven R. McQueen

Zion: Ryan Guzman

Zion: Ryan Guzman

***

UPDATE:

There will be a sequel for this book!!! I am so freaking excited. The sequel is called "Hidden Play: The Return". The first 3 chapters are out as I'm writing this, so if you enjoyed this one, I highly recommend checking out the sequel. It's great so far!
Happy reading!