Bonnie Adriana O'Conner (34)

Cake, punch, presents, and good people surround me and my baby girl. I keep an eye on Sarah and Rocky as they play with their cousins next to the table with drinks. I don't feel normal today. My body just feels different, and achy. I blame it on the pregnancy and carry on conversing with the girls.

By the time people begin to leave, my throat gets itchy and my head gets hot. I search for Noah, but he's nowhere to be found. Our car isn't in the parking lot. Oh my god, I'm going to kill him. That bastard left me here with the kids to go do what-the-fuck-ever it is he thinks that is more important than being here with me.

I angrily slip out my phone and dial his number...

          Ring, ring, ring, ring.

"Bonnie, I can explain," he says.

"Get me the fuck out of this ballroom. Take me home, now."

"I'm on my way, I'm almost there."

Less than five minutes pass and he comes in, "Honey, you're gonna be really pissed off, but I swear I'll explain all of this," he takes my hand, and I decline. We follow the kids in front of us, and the moment Sarah opens her side of the car door, she blurts out, "Daddy why is dere a woman in da car?"

"What the fuck, Noah!" I push him. Anger rises, and my hot face takes the pain of my headache away. I'm so pissed, because I already know who's in the car. I continue to push him and hit his chest and shoulders out of anger. I've never been so furious. Noah grabs my arms and looks me directly in the eyes, "Bonnie! Give me a fucking second to explain!" I walk away from him, and climb into the passenger seat.

Jupiter is sitting between the children's car seats, half beaten to death. My hand covers my mouth as I see blood dripping down both sides of her swollen face. Noah puts Rocky in the car.

"Don't look at her," I tell the kids. Sarah puts both hands over her eyes, while Rocky sits, staring. Noah sighs as he puts the car in drive. Silence screams as we ride on the smooth pavement back to the house. I'm so focused on my train of thought that Noah had to repeat himself.

"Bonnie are you even listening? Where is she gonna go? She has no home and she's beaten half to death."

"I'm sure she can find a place to stay with another one of her pimps." I probably said that too bluntly, but at the moment I couldn't care less. Jupiter mumbles something, as if she is trying to disagree or argue. "Don't even try, honey," I bark.

The children run straight into their room as Noah helps Jupiter through the door. His touch is gentle on her skin, which ignites a flame in me. I'm not about to have some whore come and tear this family apart, especially when it's just getting back to normal. Better than normal, actually. I don't understand why he would help her. She has other people. She just wants his attention, that's all.

He lays her on the couch and pats a cold rag on her wounds. She was cut on her upper thigh, stomach, and chest. Other than that, she was just hit. A part of me thinks maybe she could've prevented this, but didn't in an attempt to get Noah's attention. I wouldn't be surprised. She isn't all to blame though, Noah is the one that obviously still feels something for her if he was willing to leave the fucking party to help her. Who did this to her anyway?

='mso-tabs~e