Chapter 19.

A mess

Broken

Depressed

Fucked Up

Empty

Hungover;and

Drunk

Is what I have been feeling ever since I heard about what happened...I thought I was upset when Daniel left me, but this was so much worse. This pain was so much worse. It was one of the worst feelings ever.

.
.
.

"Hello?" I say groggily as I slowly sit up from the couch that I spent most of my nights on. I had yet another hangover.

"Is this...Verdana?" The person asked

"Yes this is she." I answer

"Ms. Verdana, I am a nurse from the hospital.  I regret to inform you that Mr. Barrons is in the hospital and in a coma-"

My phone dropped out of my hand. I heard the person calling out to me. The more they said my name, the more it didn't sound like them. All I could her was his voice...All I could hear my Coby.

"Hey Verdana!"

"I missed you so much, my dear Verdana"

"Verdana...thank you..."

"I-I really like you, Verdana..."

"I LOVE V's cooking."

"You're the best, V"

"Anything for you, V."

"V, w-will you...move in with me?"

"You, my dear V, are the love of my life."

"I love you so god damn much Verdana."

The sound of beeping broke my train of thought. I picked up my now cracked phone. The person had hung up.

I felt my legs give out, making me fall to the ground. My mind was blank of thoughts. I felt numb and useless. I didn't know what to think anymore. Not even alcohol can help this time...If Coby dies, there will be nothing in this world that can numb me from the pain. Nothing could make me forget, even if I drank all the alcohol in the world. I'd rather die with him...

My phone beeped, signalling that someone had texted me. It was the number of the hospital. They gave me the address and Coby's room mumber. Ignoring the pounding of my head, I quickly got ready and rushed to the hospital.

I didn't have the guts to open the door. I dreaded the sight that laid behind the door. He must be in bed with all these wires hooked onto him to kesp him alive. I don't even know how he got into a coma but it must've been bad...

Slowly, I opened the door. The sight before me made my emotions all come back at once. I felt sadness mostly. Just like I had predicted, Coby laid on the hospital bed with wires connected to him. He also had bruise marks on his neck, signalling that he was choked very hard. His face was covered in bruises and his body looked pale. It looked as if he was giving up on life.

Tears sprung to my eyes and I could no longer contain the sob that came out of my mouth. I rushed to his side and held his hand tightly in mine. I sobbed and cried for what feels like hours. The pain was overwhelming and I felt as if I was the one who was beaten and choked. I stayed by his side and repeatedly kissed his hand. I begged him to wake him up. I pleaded and apologized so many times.

But...

He remained lifeless

The doctor came in and reported what happened. A few weeks ago, a lady called 911 when she found Coby's limp and dying body in a dark alleyway. The police have been investigating and it turns out that he was being mugged. Coby refused to give in  which angered the criminals. They brutally beat him up, and to finish it off, they stabbed him in the chest and left him to bleed. They took his wallet and his phone then ran off. The police were able to find his phone nearby. It was tossed away in a dump. They had trouble cracking Coby's security which is why the criminals threw it and why they took so long to contact me. To this day they haven't opened his phone. They were able to find me through his lockscreen, which was a picture of him and I.

They showed me the surveillance of all this happening and I could feel my knuckles growing white. I thanked them and asked if they could tell me the name of the lady. I quickly got my laptop and hacked into her bank account. I deposited around $10,000 worth of cash as a little thank you. I worked up all night trying to find those two bastards. Once I did, I sent the police to get them. I would get my revenge next time when I wasn't so drained.

I never once left the room as I worked, but at the same time, I never once glanced over to Coby. Looking at him brought me way too much pain.

I dragged myself out of the hospital and to the nearest bar. I quickly went to the bar to drink the pain away.

But...

I could still feel the aching in my chest,knowing the person I love with all my heart is in the hospital and on the verge of death.

//////////////////////