Home

"So, Cece. I'm very excited to spend the next few weeks with you." Demi turned to me with a freakishly huge smile.

I ignored her. This is too awkward.

In the backseat the twins had fallen asleep.

"Well Cece, I live about an hour from here so we can either talk, or this will be a really boring ride."

This is going to have to be a boring ride. Apparently Demi didn't get my hint of ignoring her though.

"So what's your favorite color?"

I just stared at her.

"Mom tells me you've been wanting to dye your hair?"

"Yes."

"What color? Maybe I can arrange that."

Oh my god. Was she serious? Wait no Cece. Don't fall into the trap.

"Oh I don't know."

"Well let me know when you do know. I'll make it happen."

Inside I was flipping out. Outside I kept my stoic expression.

I put my headphones in to listen to music. Demi looked a little upset but I'm sure she'll get over it.

We arrived home shortly after.

"C'mon Cece I'll show you your room!" Mackenzie dragged me up the stairs and pulled me into a huge room.

"Thanks Mackenzie."

McKenna appeared at the door. She reminded me of myself.

"Hi McKenna. You can come in."

She waddled in slowly.

"I really wasn't looking forward to coming here guys. But maybe it won't be so bad after all."

I unfortunately had a soft spot for little kids. Mackenzie ran over to my bed, stood on it and hugged me. McKenna hugged my leg. Maybe this is what I was missing. I felt... almost happy....

"GIRLS LUNCH IS READY."

Too bad it was short lived.

"Okay we have a salad and some mac and cheese. Is that okay Cece? I didn't know what you like."

I contemplated telling her I hated macaroni and salad but I worried she would call mom and dad.

"Yep."

She loaded my plate up and we sat down. The food stared at me, nauseating me. The twins and Demi had dug into their food but I was just staring at mine.

"Um actually Demi I'm feeling a little sick. I'm going to go lie down." I ran up the stairs onto my bed before she could reply.

That was the oldest trick in the book. Why couldn't I just eat it? I could have purged it! It's like in getting sicker!

I heard Demi approaching my door. I pretended to be asleep.

"Cece I know you aren't sleeping. I was just checking to see if you were okay."

I didn't move.

"If you're going to stay here with me we need to communicate. I don't understand your problem with me. Can we please talk?"

She sounded desperate but I held my ground and ignored her. She finally left. This is going to be a long few weeks.

If only I had known how much worse this was going to get.