9: "Oh, I didn't tell you? I'm a Green Lantern."

ابدأ من البداية

"Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock," Charlie sang as he picked at his food, making Cyra laugh.

"There is—what? Four months until Christmas?"

Charlie had a slight smile on his face as he shrugged. "It's never to early to start celebrating!"

Cyra let out another laugh as she smiled while she ate her food. A breeze blew past and in only a sleeveless shirt and jeans, she shivered from a cold. Her teeth started to chatter, making Charlie notice. He was wearing his letterman jacket, a black and gold jacket that read, 'McHugh' on the back.

"Are you cold?" Charlie asked, observing her shivering.

"Maybe it wasn't the best idea to wear a tank today," Cyra admitted as she rubbed her arms.

Charlie started to take off his jacket and walked around the table to drape it over her shoulders. Cyra shrugged it off and tried to hand it back to him saying, "You don't have to give me this. What about you?"

Charlie just smiled. "You need it more than me, I have a long sleeve shirt. Plus, I kind of like seeing you in my clothes."

Cyra tried to fight the heat rising to her face, but instead looked down and continued to eat her food. She couldn't stop the smile from spreading on her face. If she looked up, she would have seen the grin that Charlie was also sporting as they ate the rest of their lunch in silence.

"Honey, I'm home!" Cyra yelled as she entered Mount Justice, walking to the living room sporting the same grin from earlier that day and a letterman jacket she might have 'forgot' to give back.

Superboy was watching his favorite channel on the TV: static, M'gann was cooking something in the kitchen, Aqualad was watching Robin and Artemis, who were locked in an intense game of air hockey, and then Wally was in the kitchen eating whatever M'gann was making. Same as always.

Cyra skipped into the room right as Robin scored another point and won the game, cheering in success as Artemis groaned in defeat. Cyra skipped over to Artemis, who looked at her suspiciously because Cyra only ever got that smile when she did something bad and got away with it.

"What did you do?" Artemis' brown eyes narrowed at her smiling friend.

"It might be a shock to you, but nothing," Cyra's smile didn't dim in the slightest.

"Then why are you smiling?" Robin asked, also catching sight of Cyra's abnormally big smile.

Cyra shrugged. "Just in a good mood, I guess."

Cyra turned around and walked into the kitchen, not aware of the others following closely behind, sharing curious looks. M'gann was making cookies almost as fast as she could bake them. Cyra's amber eyes took on a new shine as she sat next to Wally and started to dig in as well.

Wally slowed down his eating and M'gann stopped baking as they noticed the other four members of the team staring at the Green Lantern. Cyra soon noticed the awkward silence and looked up to see six different pairs of eyes staring at her. She swallowed the cookies in her mouth and asked, "What?"

"Whose jacket is that?" Robin asked, a slight smirk playing on his lips.

Cyra bit her lip as she thought of what she could say.

I robbed it off of a homeless person.

Found it under a bus.

I won it after I defeated the dragon and saved Rome.

Cyra had a feeling they wouldn't believe any of those.

"It's mine?" Cyra said, but it sounded more like a question than a statement.