51 - Baby Daddy (pt. 1)

I had never been so nervous in my entire life before. Never had I imagined I'd experience this and I expected it to be with him.
I gulped, staring at him as he sat there by the table, after a year and a half, his hand holding onto the spoon that was being pushed around the small coffee cup in front of him. And he looked good, as always, which annoyed me but that's not what's was important. I remember how I had found his cellphone number via Google and how our conversation went.

(Flashback)
I waited patiently for him to pick up the phone, wondering if his voice had changed or the way he talked.

"Hello?" I held my breath for a few seconds when I heard his voice. It wasn't until the familiar voice on the other end talked again, "hello? Who's this?"

"Hi Justin," I said, wondering if he would notice it was me.

"Y/N." I exhaled, my hand running through my hair as I sat myself down at the end of the bed, stopping myself from pacing back and forth.

"Yeah," I smiled lightly for myself. "I know I shouldn't be calling you now. I know should've a long time ago but I just couldn't get myself to do it, with my dad and all."

I felt the need to explain myself so I did.

"No no, it's okay," he said, assuring me it really was okay, "I just wish you would've a long time ago, yeah." And I sighed, nodding my head. I understood and I was prepared for him to turn me down for what I'd ask next.

"Will you meet me at the diner tomorrow at 12? I need to talk to you about something," I said, biting down on my lower lip. Silence filled between us for a few seconds before I heard his voice again.

"Yeah," he said softly, "I guess."
(End of flashback)

And now, here I was with his baby on my arm. My son sat on my hip as I stood still, staring at Justin. I took a deep breath and made my way over to his table. He didn't notice me, until I spoke up. "Hi Justin," I said softly. His eyes shot up, meeting mine. And his eyes hadn't changed at all, and I suddenly missed him a lot. But we were young the last time I saw him and his facial features had changed but not much.

"Wow," was the first word that left his mouth and I smiled lightly. He stood to his feet, and he was a bit taller than me as always. He had always been a bit taller, not much, but just enough. "You look good," he gulped and rubbed the back of his neck. His eyes moved to the little boy on my arm. His face fell. "Who's this?" he asked, his eyes filling with sadness. And I knew what he was thinking.

"Uh," I hesitated, "this is Ollie. He's, um, your son."

Justin's eyes met mine in a quick move. His eyebrows were lifted, his eyes wide and his mouth hanging slightly open. "What?"

-

n. Again, THANK YOU so much for all the reads. This book has reached 274k reads and I'm blown away, guys!

You're amazing, thank you !! Love you big time <333

Love,
Cami