40 - What? | Part 3

40 - What? | Part 3

"Alright honey," the doctor says as she enters the room. She takes a seat on the rolling chair and sits in front of Y/N. "You're open enough now, so what do you say? Shall we start?"

Y/N glances at me, a nervous and slightly panicking expression on her face. I grab her hand tighter, giving it a squeeze as I send her a soft and encouraging smile. She lets out a deep breath before nodding. "Yeah, I guess."

"Alright. We'll set the things up we need and I'll get the people I need to help me and we'll start," the doctor says and leaves again after sending us a warm, comforting smile.

"You ready?" I ask her softly, my free hand removing strands of hair from her face. She skeptically looks at me, her eyes slightly watering. I couldn't help but worry, a frown overtaking the smile on my face. "Hey hey hey, what's wrong baby?"

She shakes her head, lightly beginning to cry. A small tear trickle down her cheek causing me to wipe it away with my thumb. Once it's gone, I keep my thumb on her cheek, caressing it as I try to make her calm down. "It's gonna be alright, everything is gonna be alright, okay?" I say and press my lips to her forehead. "I'm here all the way, don't worry."

"I'm scared Justin," she says, dropping her head to lay on the bed. She was halfway sitting and halfway laying down so holding her head up would be tough. I take in her words, only now realizing I'm actually scared too yet I don't tell her. I need myself to stay calm. If I freak out, Y/N will freak out and we can't have that. It'll only cause problems for the birth and she needs to remain calm, deep breathing and peaceful thoughts.

"Think about the baby, our baby. It'll be here with us soon and soon is before you know baby."

And I was right. An hour had passed and Y/N was sitting halfway up, trying to push the baby out. It was hard for her but she said she would do, she had to do it before she'd be able to hold our baby in her arms.

"Sweetheart, you need to push," the doctor said. Y/N whined painfully as she dropped her head.

"C'mon baby, you can do it," I said softly, running my hand over her heard repeatedly. "You're strong, I know it."

"Sweetheart, push." Y/N sat up again, pushing as she clenched her eyes shut. "Push, push, push." I felt Y/N's grip tighten on my hand, her fingers pressing mine together. It hurt but I'd go through any pain to help her, to be there for her.

"Fuck! I can't do this," Y/N complained, her breathing heavy as she did so. Her chest rose up and down in quick movements as she looked at me, a look that said she was about to quit. "I can't do this, Justin. It hurts so bad."

Tears started to trickle down her cheeks, not sad tears nor happy tears but tears from the unbearable pain she felt. I looked at one of their nurses. "Can someone get her mom in here?" I asked. The nurse nodded and exited the room.

Moments passed where Y/N was being dapped on her forehead with a wet towel and getting her breathing back. Sweat was forming all over her body. She was sweaty, dry tears on her cheeks and a painful look on her face yet she still was the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on. So, so beautiful.

Her mom came rushing into the room, a content look on her face once she saw Y/N was alright. She stepped to the other side of the bed, taking Y/N's hand in hers, running her thumb over it to calm her. "Sweetheart, you can do this okay? It's only for a bit more and you'll hold the baby in your arms."

Y/N nodded and took a deep breath before pushing again, a low scream leaving her lips as she did so. Her mother breathed with her, I held her hand and caressed her hair in attempt to make her feel calm.

And before I knew it, small cries sounded through the room. I removed my eyes from Y/N to look at the doctor. There she was, holding our small baby in her hands. The nurses wrapped the baby in a paper towel before turning to wash it up. I had no idea how to refer to the baby because we had decided to not know the gender before it was born so we literally had nothing baby stuff besides a baby carriage and a bed. The baby room at home still had yet to be done and the play toys had also yet to be bought.

Soon Y/N was handed the small human and a content smile was on her face, a grin was on mine and a soft and happy smile on my mother-in-law's face. "Congratulations, it's a baby girl."

We had a girl, I was dad to a small, beautiful baby girl who I already completely adored. She was so small and tiny, I'd be afraid to break her.

"Hey you," Y/N said softly as she watched the little wrap her small hand around her pointer finger. I smiled as I leaned my head beside Y/N's on the bed, looking down at our gorgeous little girl who we had agreed on calling Sophia. God, was I proud. "Justin," Y/N's voice brought me back from my stare and thoughts. I looked at my exhausted girlfriend, a happy face on her and me. "Wanna hold her?"

I nodded and took the baby carefully from her arms. Y/N looked at me as I sat back in the chair, Sophia already sleeping in my arms. I smiled as I felt a tear run down my cheek. She was so beautiful, you have no idea. "Hey baby," I say in a low and soft voice, taking in the beauty and soft skin of my little daughter. "God, you're so beautiful."

Y/N's hand is placed on the back of my neck, rubbing and caressing it with her fingertips. I could feel her eyes on us, a happy smile on her face when I turned to look at her. Small tears formed in her eyes and finally, it was happy tears.

My mother-in-law looked at us with a proud smile, her eyes watering up as well. Her first grandchild was born and the happiness she felt was big just like ours. "Should I go tell the others or would you like to yourself?" She asked, looked between us.

I looked back at Y/N. She spoke up. "Justin should do it, I'm tired anyways and I really think I need a few hours of sleep," she said and sent me a smile. I smiled back and leaned over, giving her lips a kiss that longed a bit longer than intended. "Mhm, bring her with you." She whispered against my lips.

I nodded and pecked her lips one last time before standing up, Sophia still carefully placed in my arms as Y/N's mother and I exited the room. As soon as we stepped foot outside, my mother and the others' head shoots up from looking down at the ground. My mother stood up and stepped over to me, her hand carefully removing the baby towel from hiding Sophia's face. Soon enough everyone stood behind and beside me, looking down at the sleeping beauty in my arms.

"Everyone, meet Sophia Esther Bieber," I said and smiled widely, my fingers running across Sophia's small and almost bald head. My mom cooed, wrapping her arm around my torso as she looked at Sophia.

"She is beautiful Justin, so beautiful," she said and wiped her eyes with the tissue in her hand. I smiled, nodding as I agreed with my mom.

"Son, you've done a great job," Y/N's dad said as he clapped my shoulder.

"Thank you sir," I smiled widely as I heard the words fall from her dad's mouth. Damn, have we been through a lot to please and get her dad's approval of us.

But in the end, I ended up with a beautiful and exhausted girlfriend who just gave birth to my gorgeous, little daughter, Sophia Esther Bieber. What a gorgeous name. I was finally happy and content with my life, the only thing I needed would be to slide the engagement ring onto Y/N's ring finger and I somehow knew I would be able too in a few days or hours. She and I were meant to be together, we've been for years. We just never realized it before we made love for the first time. And from that love, what did we get? A beautiful, beautiful daughter with blue eyes like her mom and brown hair like me. We had the most beautiful daughter in the world and she would always belong to us because we made her from our never ending and undying love for each other.

-

A/N; Hey guys!

Please vote and comment your thoughts on this parted imagine, it'd be great with some feedback ;)

And....

I was thinking about completing this book for now and start a new one because I could go on for years in this same book and if I kept this book at 40 imagines and made a new one which would also hold another 40 imagines.

Please do comment your thoughts on that one ^^^ :)

Have a nice day/goodnight. I'm off to work, all the love! x