36 - When We First Met

People talking, laughing and having a great time annoyed me. I was sitting by myself in the far corner of the net café, my eyes focused on the laptop in front of me. It's unbelievable that you have to be at home before you can study in peace.

I had exams in a few days and I really needed to get everything prepared and ready so I wouldn't fail. I needed to get good grades or my parents would kill me.

I tried to block all the voices and noises out as I focused extra hard on studying. I was in the middle of finishing the book about biology when a figure appeared in front of me. I looked up to see Justin, the most popular guy at school. He was a jock and very, very popular between the girls, especially the cheerleaders.

"Hey," he said and smiled. I looked behind me to see if he talked to anyone there but then I remembered I was sitting in the corner. "It's you I'm talking to."

I heard him chuckle as I felt cheeks become a crimson red color. I was embarrassed and nervous. Not many popular people talked to me, they were usually ignoring me and walking past me as if I wasn't there. One of my childhood friends ignores me now and never talks to me even though we live across from each other.

"Uh, hi." I didn't know how to greet him so just a 'hi' should be okay.

"Are you studying for the exams?" He asked as he took a seat across from me. He was actually really good looking. He had light chocolate brown eyes, dirty blonde hair that was a bit long. His pinkish lips were plump and full, looking very kissable. His eyes twinkled in the sunlight that was shining through the big window beside us.

"Yeah, I have a biology test in three days so," I trailed off and closed my laptop halfway, so I paid attention to him when he's talk.

"Well, if you're not too busy with the studying," he stopped for a second. I studied him as he looked back at me. "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out some time?"

I was caught off guard. I hadn't ever thought a popular guy would ask me to hang out with him, not once in my life had I thought it would happen.

"You mean like a date?" I asked without a second thought, a small smirk visible upon my lips

He smiled and chuckled, biting his bottom lips lightly. "Yeah, doe thing like that."

I couldn't help but smile widely. Justin Bieber, the most popular guy at school, asked me out. I usually didn't like or wanted to hang out with the popular ones but to be honest, I don't think he even wanted to be popular. He just is because he's hot and playing football which is probably only because he likes the sport.

"I would love to," I smiled and closed my laptop fully.

"Really?" He asked, a wide smile playing across his lips. I nodded, biting my lip to stop myself from grinning. "Wow, okay," he laughed, "shall we say tomorrow after school?"

"Yeah, sounds perfect," I said and watched as he stood from the chair. I didn't even realize what he was going to do before he had done it. His lips pressed against my cheek, giving it a kiss before standing to his full height.

"Bye Y/N," he said and smiled before walking off and out of the net café.

I had a date. I had a date with Justin, hot and sporty Justin. I almost squealed but then realized I was at the net café and I was complaining about everyone else before so squealing probably wouldn't be a good idea. However I had a date and today was the first time we ever talked together.