Chapter 6

**Matt's POV**

I walk across the hall, being as quiet as I can. I check the baby monitor again to be sure it's on mute. I silently open the door to Devin's bedroom and make my way to his bedside. I set the monitor on his night stand and press the mute button to take it off silent. I quickly, but quietly leave the room and close the door.

I go back into my room and lay back down. It's 12:30 A.M. and I need some sleep. I've already been up three times since going to bed at nine!

My eyes are finally closing when I hear Devin growl from across the hall. "MATTHIAS!"

I'm raising up from my comfortable place on the bed when I feel a sharp pain on my arm. I look down and see the baby monitor beside my leg. Staring into the hall I see a very angry Devin glare at me then turn down the hall toward the nursery.

I get up and follow him. When I get to the nursery, I see him holding a screaming Cayden, and rubbing the back of Andrew who'd been awaken by his brother's noise.

I go over to Drew and pick him up. He calms down immediately.

Devin continues to glare at me, "It's your night."

"I'm sorry," I apologize, only partly sincere.

I look down at Benjamin. At least one of us can sleep through this.

I look up at Devin to see he has Cayden calmed down. About the time I looked up, I hear wails coming from Benjamin's crib. Benjamin's cries restart Cayden's. And all the noise has Andrew screaming again.

I sigh in defeat and bend down to pick up Benjamin. Holding my sons in my arms, I walk to the corner of the room and sit in the rocking chair. I rock them and pat there backs. Devin sits in the chair beside me.

I look at him and he gives me a reassuring smile. Devin always manages to make me feel better. I don't understand why. I guess that's why he's my best friend.

Cayden falls asleep in Dev's arms and he takes him back to the crib on the far right of the room. He comes back over and takes Andrew from me.

I'm glad I am finally able to tell the boys apart. I don't understand it, but after a month it's not hard. Devin can tell them apart from their personalities. I can only when they're all together and not when they're crying. Other times, it's the physical attributes that I have to look at.

Some father I am!

**Devin's POV**

I bend down and take Benjamin out of Matt's arms. I place the sleeping baby in the crib and pick up a blanket from the chest in front of Drew's bed. I throw it over Matt, who was asleep in the rocking chair. 

He looked so peaceful, holding his son while they both slept in the chair. I wonder to myself how many times he got up tonight before he finally snuck the baby monitor into my room.

I tuck the blanket's edges around his body and do my best not to notice his muscular arms. No reason to perv on people while they sleep.

It's hard not to stare at him, though. He looks so beautiful when he sleeps.

And I sound like a rapist! I quickly turn and go back to my room.

I lay down, but I doubt I get any sleep. Every time I close my eyes, I see a picture of Matt holding Benjamin carefully in his arms. It's getting harder and harder as the days go by to hide my feelings.