THIRTY - SIX ::

I was met with a soft caress of my cheek, and the once warm sheets moving.

I watched her as she maneuvered her way to the washroom, her t-shirt worn the wrong way. I got up after her, making my way downstairs to the kitchen. We did not speak a word to one another, yet we almost knew what we wanted to do or what to say. I made breakfast for us, and I even did attempted to do a delivery for her- upstairs to the bed. Unfortunately, she had already came down when I wanted to deliver the breakfast.

She seemed shock at the sight of breakfast. However, the place she checked first was the kitchen. She wouldn't find a thing to critique. I made sure I washed all of the pans and pots, and wiped every single spot clean. When she exited the kitchen looking satisfied, I pulled out the chair for her, prompting her to sit.

"What's gotten into you?"

"It's what happens when someone is in love," I simply responded. "Again."

"You know what you did to me was despicable, right- Aaron?" She placed the piece of ham into her mouth as I nodded. "You took your anger out on me. From your previous marriage. Remember the flower vase?" I nodded again. I couldn't do anything but nod.

"I don't want to see you get hurt again. After Alvaro. After Granit. It's not happening again."

"You can't just be in love after spending a night with someone, Aaron. It doesn't happen that way." She spoke softly.

"We've been together for years," I responded. "We bought an apartment together. You ought to remember why we specifically chose 1016 for the house number."

"Of course I recall that, Aaron. Your national team number and your former Arsenal number. But you don't fall in love in a day; just like I can't fall out of love in three years." She got up, taking her empty plate with her into the back toward the kitchen.

"Why can't you open up to me?" I asked, trailing behind her.

"Because I don't trust you enough anymore."

.

without trust, there's no relationship

x