SIX ::

"Hi, how have you been?"

Above was the sentence I wanted to say,

If the person was her.

"Sorry, wrong person." The woman walked on, not caring too much as to who I was, and clearly, she knew who I was since she was in a Wales jersey.

I fell back onto the railings, still half panting from my sprints and runs to chase someone who was just a figment of my imagination- who was once a woman who perfected me- and I chased her away, single-handedly.

I slowly walked back to the dressing room, where I'd assume all of my teammates would be post-match. I walk extremely slow to avoid any questions, and use this time to make up as many excuses as I need for the coach to believe me.

Whether I had to bring out my mum coming to the stadium or my cousin going into labor in the hospital, something had to work.

I look to the green exit sign sealed by the rusty, silver bars- and I, was in the stadium like a prisoner, waiting to see the outside world- waiting to search hopelessly again.

I turned back, and walked into Gate 16, plopping myself down on one of the bench seats, overlooking the empty stadium. The teams had now withdrew back into the locker rooms, and I knew I could find peace here. I lay back, and try to tap my feet lightly but the sounds of my cleats annoyed me. I took my cleats off, and placed it neatly beside me- just like she used to do.

Suddenly, I lose all hopes finding her. Perhaps all of those memories of us ice fishing, skiing, snowboarding, and hiking didn't mean anything anymore. Maybe all that mattered was how horribly I treated her, how much of a piece of shit I've been to her all of those two years. Nothing would count even if I would repent- and trust me, I would do anything- and yes, anything to just have her back.

I would fly to the moon and back if I knew how,

And I would love her right if I had known how.

And I would show her that I now know how.

//

I always feel like the end of the chapter is the most heartbreaking thing I've ever read and then I read you guys stories and they break me even more so let me not go there

do you still think they're gonna meet after this? :3

x