TWO ::

I know about you and Calum from the beginning.

How you'd look at him every time you'd come to Emirates, and come see, apparently, supposedly, me- but you manage to sneak some frustrating yet passionate looks with him.

And it drives me up a wall.

I was a jealous man.

I still am.

But I never cheated- I never had the courage to. I know that Alyssa and I were popular amongst magazines, newspapers and gossip covers alike, but could you trust me that there was nothing between us? Even with lipstick stains and sleepovers that I could never explain?

You know I can't speak well, with my 'uh' and 'um' in between words. On the contrary, I let you speak for me whenever I can because your voice is clear, proud and courageous- everything I'm not.

Alyssa's brother had passed following the events of her divorce- seventeen years of marriage and ruined in one night. I can't tell you about everything because I promised her to never, and I never break promises.

All of those nights that you spent empty, and without me, even if I was in London- I'm sorry. You do not know how much I want to apologize. But it makes it difficult when your sleeping body is facing the window each time we meet at dawn when I return, if I do return at all.

I'm sorry that I was acting like a fucking jerk. I know I still am one in your eyes, and all of your friends. I wouldn't even be mad if you were spending nights with Calum now.

I regret that vase that I broke: the one that I threw across the room when I was so mad at my ex-wife. You know about her; I know you do. The anger was never meant to be shot at you; Colleen was never there for me like you were. God, I regret what I did when you just stood there and-

Cried.

Transparent droplets like rain, falling down your cheeks; I don't know if you had blush on, or whatever the feminine product is called, but surely the faint shade of pink was wiped off your cheeks along with your smile.

We could sit on our rocking chair, you remember that rocking chair, right? The one that we have in Cardiff? In the house my parents gifted us three years ago on Christmas Day? We could sit on our rocking chair and just read stories like always.

With you sitting on my lap, and smiling at each illustration and we'd just point out things we like and eventually,

You'd fall asleep and I'd kiss you on your forehead good night.

We could go back,

And I'll show you that you would never want to leave again.

.

I mean I'm probably gonna leave him even if he was sorry asf

do you think he cheated or was it actually as he said???

see ya next time

I'm sorry that this sucks; I'm not even sure it's ways to rekindle anyway

x