TWENTY - FIVE ::

I walked behind her up the blocks to retrieve my car, which I endlessly curse the valet parker for- but now it's not so bad with her walking in front of me.

Her dress swaying with the light wind as she walked down the streets, her hair slightly blowing but never out of the style that she had wanted. She was a goddess- right in front of my eyes.

She turned abruptly as I admired her. I think she felt my eyes burning onto her back too.

"Aaron?" It was the first time she said my name this sweetly ever since she shut the apartment doors on me months ago. I only hum as we were halted in our tracks. But she was the one to smile at me first. "Why don't you come here and walk next to me?"

I don't budge. Of course I don't. I would love to, but-

Her warm hands grasped mine as she pulled me down the street. It felt like the olden days.

"Could I take you out to lunch tomorrow? After training at four?" I hesitantly asked as she paused, and nodded.

A rush of disappointment dawned over me as she entered the passenger side of my car, placing the seatbelt around her body.

It was a cold night nevertheless and I quickly turn on the heat in the car as I started my engine, waiting for the car to warm up in our favors- the headlights beaming to the car bumper in front of me.

I looked over to her, and her hands were rubbing against one another for warmth. She looked to me and beamed up with happiness; the exact same face that I have fell in love with.

And without a second thought-

I unbuckled her seatbelt with a click of the red button-

I cupped her cheeks and kissed her.

Her hands, which smelled like lavender lotion, grabbed onto the collar of my parka-

I was scared she was going to hit me and rekindling seemed so far-

Instead-

She kissed back.
.

step 1 to killing a relationship written by Aaron

x