CML : 28

The Next Day 🌞...

~ | VANESSA POV | ~

The Next Morning, Chris and I dropped Ava off with his mom for the evening. Because today, we're going write a report on what happened yesterday at the park.

I'm still scared to walk out the house by myself and everything. Chris says I have nothing to worry about, but I don't fully agree with him.

Chris grabbed my hand and then kissed it. I looked at him and he kissed my nose.

"You ready?" He asked and I nodded. Chris grabbed the bag where the rock was in, and we went inside the police station.

* : *

After waiting in the front for what seemed like for an hour, we finally were called into the office.

"Alright Ms. Martin, What can we do for you today?" The cop asked.

"Well .." I started then looked at Chris and he nodded. "Yesterday, we were at the park with our daughter for a little while, then I was sitting at the bench and someone threw a big rock on the table out of no where.." I explained. He was nodding writing some stuff down.

"And there was a note on the rock telling her to watch her bacm," Chris added.

The cop nodded again. "Have the rock with you?" He asked us and Chris put the bag on the desk. He slipped on some gloves and grabbed the rock out the bag and took the note off the rock. "Do you guys have an idea of who would've done this?"

Chris and I both looked at each other shaking our head. "You were a waitress?"

"Yes sir," I answered.

"Baby I think I know who could've done this .." Chris spoke. The cop looked up at Chris.

"Who?" He asked Chris.

Chris sighed. "Her name is Chanel .. I use to mess around with her before dating Vanessa. I actually met Vanessa when Chanel and I went eat at the restaurant Vanessa was working at the time. She got mad because we were flirting and everything. Ever since, she kept texting me and everything," Chris said.

"Do you still have the number to where we can find her?"

Chris nodded taking out his phone. After giving the information, the doctor gave Chris back his phone.

"We'll look into this and talk to Chanel. We'll get some blood test ran and everything. When we get some information, we'll get back in touch with you guys." He said and Chris and I got up walking out the police station getting in the car.

It was silent.

"What are we gonna do now?" I asked breaking the silence.

"I'm gonna get some security to live at the house, get some cameras. Until then like he said, we'll wait until they get back in touch with us," Chris said.

"Chris I can't wait! Who knows when she'll try something again!" I yelled running my hand through my hair.

Chris rubbed my back. "Baby I got you. We're safe." He said and then kissed me. "I love you alright? And I won't let anything happen to you or our family, alright?"

I nodded. "I love you too." I said we kissed again.

"You wanna go do something today?" He asked. "Just so we can get all this off our minds and everything and relax." He said

"Can we go walk on the sand at the beach or something?" I asked and he smiled.

"Of course bae " he said and started the car.

I love Chris so much. I'm blessed to have him. There's no telling who the person could me. It could be Chanel or probably Kenneth.

Never know. I jus hope they get to the bottom of it, run some test, and then find the person and take their ass to jail.

~ | CHRIS POV | ~

I know Vanessa probably scared as hell but I got her. I promised her. I'm not gonna let nobody get to me or my family.

I hope it's Chanel. It's probably Chanel.

Either way, I'm gonna try to set her ass up and hopefully she could try to tell me if she did or not.

I'll lie and say Vanessa and I broke up and allat and see what I'll get out her. 

Hopefully, it'll work. I'll voice record her and everything just to have full proof to the police.

* : * : * : * : * : * : * : * : * : * : * : * : * : * : * : *

* Will Chris's plan work?

* Is Chanel the mystery person or is Kenneth?

* Comment your thoughts. ♡