CML : 16

~ | VANESSA POV | ~

After dropping Caroline off at my mom's, I went to Cesar's. Ima miss my little pumpkin. I won't be seeing her for a whole week! 😩Plus Chris isn't down here too so that's gonna be even worse.

I parked my car getting out and walked to the entrance. I walked inside seeing Cleo sitting at a table. I went straight to the table greeting her.

"Heyyy bitchh!!" I exclaimed and she smiled getting up and we shared a tight hug.

"Omgg bitch I miss you so muchh!!" She said and I laughed.

"I miss you too. How you and my God child been?" I asked looking into the menus.

"We been good actually. Layla spending 3 days with her dad now. I need a break. I'm gonna hit up Frank's club tonight, you wanna come?"

I shrugged. "Ion know. I just wanna l -"

"Come on Vanessa it'll be fun! This is your free time. Because when you have Caroline, ya ass ain't going nowhere." She said.

"I knoww! And i like it that way. My little baby brings me joy." I said thinking about Caroline.

"I get that because Layla does the same to me , but we need to go out!! I miss going out with my bff!" She said and I laughed.

"Yeahh that's true. I guess we can go out tonight." I said shrugging.

"Yayy!!" She said and I laughed.

* : *

After ordering our food, I decided to tell Cleo about Kenneth. 

"Soo you won't believe who decided to pop back up in my life." I said. Cleo looked at me. "Kenneth .." I said and her eyes widened 

"YOU SERIOUS?!"

"Shhhh!!! Yess!! He popped up at the grocery store and was telling me about how he missed me, how he wants to be the same way we were, how he changed, and him and Caroline clicked right away! She would usually be acting funny around a man, but she wasnt!"

"Awee how cuteee!! So do you believe him?"

I shrugged. "I don't know Cleo. I want to believe him, but I don't know. He said that he really changed. Talking about jail opened his eyes and stuff." I said rolling my eyes.

I looked at Cleo who was grinning at me. I frowned. "What?" I asked

"I think you still miss Kenneth." She said and I laughed shaking my head.

"What? Pshh me? Nahh!!" I said. Knowing damn well I was lying.

"Come on Vanessa its okay!! Have you guys been hanging out?"

"Actually yeah, we went out yesterday. He took me and Caroline, well mostly Caro to the Zoo, then the park downtown, and then we went eat. It was nice. We had a nice conversation and everything." I said.

"Maybe you guys should try it again. He said he chanhed. Jail really do change niggas. At least he ain't gay!" She said and I laughed.

"Omgg your so crazy. I don't know though , I'll have to think about it." I said.

~ | KENNETH POV | ~

I walked outside in my front yard while letting my dogs out. I was also smoking a quick stick.

Yesterday was amazing. I had a great time with Caroline and Vanessa. It was amazing. We had a good time. Conversation was good and everything. We talked about our past .. the good times and all.

I hope Vanessa gives me another chance. This time I'll really show her. I'll show her that I changed. No man should ever put their hands on a woman, but I did and I regret that shit.

* : *

I looked at the end of the driveway seeing a black and white Jaguar pulling in. I frowned blowing out the smoke watching and waiting for the person to get out the car. 

Seconds later I seen my cousin, Jackson getting out.

"YOO THIS YOU?!" I asked surprised making my way over to him.

He laughed closing the door. "Yeah bro. She sexy huh?" He asked and we dapped.

"Hell yeah man. Wassup what you doing here?" I asked him looking at the car then back at him.

"Damn, I can't come see my cousin? We haven't kicked it since what .. 2 months ago?" He asked and I laughed nodding. "But look, you trynna hit the club wit me tonight?" He asked.

"Which one?" I asked passing the blunt to him.

"Frank's."

I nodded. "Yeah. Ian got nothing else to do, so why not?" We dapped again then went inside.

I'm glad my cousin here. We cuts the fuck up together!

... oh he'll no, I sounded like Vanessa just now.

* : * : * : * : * : * : * : * : * : * : * : * : * : * : *

* Kenneth and Vanessa? 👀

* Comment your thoughts. 🌞