"I'm sorry," Belle said quietly once they were seated and Luna looked at her, confused.

"For what?"

"The whole scene I just made," Belle mumbled and Luna placed her hand on Belle's arm.

"Look around you. You're having the exact same reaction to coming back to Hogwarts that half the school is having. It's only natural that you're to have certain bad memories coming back and how our bodies react to it, aren't our faults. Don't be sorry," Luna's dreamy tone had disappeared and she now sounded serious, as though scolding Belle for apologizing.

"She's right, you know. Even we can't visit certain parts of the castle without feeling the same way you can and we're ghosts," Fred gestured to Remus, Tonks and Cedric, even though the latter hadn't died in the castle. Belle couldn't help but look over at the Gryffindor table to see that Ron, Harry and Ginny had gone very pale and Hermione had her mouth clamped shut, tears welling up in her eyes.

Professor McGonagall, who was standing at the front of the hall had a distant, distraught look in her face and her mouth was turned down in a frown as she stared sadly at the traumatized students that had taken part in the war, below her.

"Thank you," Belle whispered, and both Fred and Luna gave her comforting smiles.

"Of course, Belle."

The buzz of the hall quietened as the large doors opened, revealing Hagrid who was bringing in the first years with the Sorting Hat in his right hand and a small, three-legged stood in his left. There wasn't a large number of first-year students, but enough for at least five to be sorted into each house. Hagrid set the stool down at the front of the hall and unrolled a short, tightly furled scroll in his hands, clearing his throat loudly.

"Now, yeh lot. When I call yer name, come up and sit on the stool and I'll place the Sortin' Hat on yer head." Belle realised that because Professor McGonagall had taken over as Headmistress, she was no longer able to sort the students into the houses as she had done for Belle many years ago. She watched as a girl with long, blonde hair scurried up and sat on the stool, her small face pale with nerves.

"GRYFFINDOR!" The hat shouted not a minute later and the hall burst into cheers as the young girl smiled happily, taking off the hat and making her way towards the table in which Harry, Ron and Hermione sat at. Fred and Sirius, who were hovering behind Belle, let out multiple whoops, earning an eye roll from Remus who simply shook his head and clapped politely.

Belle glanced over at Harry, expecting his eyes to be trained on the Sorting Hat that was still a little burnt after Voldemort had set it on fire on poor Neville Longbottom's head, but to her surprise, her brown eyes were met with Harry's bright green ones.

Quickly, the two looked away, both feeling slightly embarrassed that they had been caught watching each other. Neither one of them could stop the small colour from rising in their cheeks as they turned their attention towards the Sorting Hat once more.

"Oh, it's so nice to see more little Ravenclaws," Luna said happily as a small boy with dark skin and brown hair was sorted into their house.

"It'd be so nice to see more Gryffindor students, though. Gryffindor is the best house," Sirius said pridefully, causing Belle to snort quietly. Luna glanced over at her, as did a few other people and she passed it off as a cough. Thankfully, no one seemed suspicious as they turned back to watch the Sorting Ceremony.

"Sirius," Belle told Luna quietly who looked interested.

"What did he say?" Luna asked curiously.

"That Gryffindor is the best house," Belle replied, causing Luna to let out a small giggle.

"He's funny."