Chapter 59: Irene Rose

Start from the beginning

  "We're having fried chicken, my mate's speciality," Eleana enthused as she gave him a small kiss on the cheek. He blushed softly, returning the kiss as he headed to the kitchen where he was cooking.

   "That's nice," I commented, taking a seat on the small love-chair near the kitchen, seating Johnny on my lap as Elena sat on another chair. 

  "Yeah, I swear he's making me fat with all his cooking," she chuckled, rubbing her stomach as she rolled her eyes.

   "You look fine," I told her as Johnny giggled in my lap.

    "Irene! Irene! Look at my drawing!" Eva yelled from across the room with a piece of paper in her hands. She came up to me and showed me a beautiful drawing of a branch filled with small pink flowers. Eva was always the artist as a child and it seemed to be paying off as I stared at the beautiful drawing she created. It was neat and it had to shade, it wasn't too over the top and the simplicity of it made me smile, it warmed my heart looking at it.

 It was neat and it had to shade, it wasn't too over the top and the simplicity of it made me smile, it warmed my heart looking at it

   "It's beautiful Eva," I cooed softly as she beamed proudly at me.

   "Thank you, I drew it at the backyard, Alpha Archer made sure it had beautiful flowers," she glowed bringing the picture back to her, trailing her fingers across the artwork. The thought of Archer made me smile brightly as Eva gave me another beaming smile.

   "I'll tell him you said thanks," I said and she nodded in reply before running out of the room and into another one.

   "Alpha Archer has been coming to visit the past two days, checking up on us, even if mum and dad don't like it. He's grown quite close with Eva and Timmy. He's quite a catch despite what he's done," Elena commented, twirling a strand of her brown hair in her fingers.

 He's quite a catch despite what he's done," Elena commented, twirling a strand of her brown hair in her fingers

(ELENA, but with blue eyes)

  "Really?" I asked, shocked at the news that despite Archer not being on the nice of my parents, he still came by the check up on them.

   "Yeah, mum and dad don't talk to him much when he's around, but he usually comes around Lunch time. He planted the flowers himself for Eva after discovering she was an artist," she sighed with a smile on her face. I felt a smile peak at my lips, even when my parents don't like him he was trying for my family. I could feel my heart tug, knowing that I was slowly falling in love with him more and that he was taking care of everyone when I couldn't bring myself to.

   "He's really sweet," I sighed with a smile her face, brushing my hair back as Johnny played with it. Elena gave me a knowing look, a smirk on her face as she saw my expression.

   "You're falling in love with him, aren't you?" she grinned, twirling an accusing finger at me, causing heat to rise to my cheeks.

   "You are!" she beamed happily, clapping her hands joyfully making my blush even more.

   "So, what about it?" I said, trying to play it off calmly when I was practically bubbling inside.

   "What about it? You're falling in love with despite everything! You looked past everything and saw who he really is! You love him even when mum and dad say no," she informed me with a smirk. I shook my head, giving off a shaky laugh at her assumptions which were all true.

   "I guess so, but, I'm scared, what if I do confess that I love him and he sight doesn't come back to him? What if I feel for him is just an infatuation and he'll feel angry because what I feel for him isn't true," I panic, thinking of all the possibilities that could happen if it turned out what I feel for him isn't true.

 "What! No, what are you thinking Irene? What you feel for him is true. I can see it in your eyes," she scoffs, proving a point.

   "I don't want to think too much into it, right now, I want to talk to mum and dad, worrying about my feelings with Archer is not on my priority list right now," I told her. Johnny squiggled out my lap and ran around, getting bored of just sitting and went to bother Elena's mate.

   "Right, right, okay priorities. Mum and dad have been meaning to talk to you, mum's been devastated that even if you could've communicated, you didn't. I understand what you're going through and I'm not mad at you, none of us besides mum and dad is," she said, pointing to the door my mother and father was at. I sighed, rubbing my cheek softly and went over what I was going to say to them.

    "Don't worry Irene, they're upset, but won't stay mad at you for long alright? Just try to talk to them and see how they feel," Elena comforts me, giving me a reassuring gaze as I looked at the door my parents were hiding behind.

   "Alright, time to suck it up and deal with it," I said, trying to cheer myself up. Elena gave me two thumbs up and I stood up, walked to my parent's door and knocked three times, trying to push down my nervous feelings that settled back into my stomach.

    Let's do this Irene, I can do it.