Chapter 15

Nine Months Later: May

Lily waddled over to me in her Champaign colored dress. She looked like a little princess in her gown. Her new cousin, Anthony IV, held her hand until the end of the aisle. He was a perfect gentleman. Lily held her hands out to me as I handed my bouquet to Teddy's college best friend, Amalia. Seth was smirking at me from across the room as he straightened Noah's tie quickly. We both knew he was nervous today. The processional started and Noah turned around slowly, wringing his hands together. Dad's arm was linked with Teddy's, and he was crying more than mom was.

Teddy, on the other hand, was glowing. Her eyes were completely focused on Noah, and his were on hers. They were in their own universe. Dad handed Teddy off to her fiancée, smiling as Noah kissed her hands gently. Dad turned to the front row and sat with Mom, lacing their fingers together. Our family priest began the ceremony, and no one could keep their eyes off of Teddy and Noah. Even Lily was captured by her parent's love. The ceremony seemed to fly by, and suddenly, my sister was saying "I do," to her happily ever after. Lily squirmed in my arms as Teddy kissed Noah. I set my niece on her feet and she teetered to her parents, grasping for their hands as they prepared to walk down the aisle as a family. They were one hell of a sight to behold.

Teddy managed to gain full custody of Lily a few months back, a huge feat for us. Eric was fighting tooth and nail for Lily, even to see her for a supervised visit. Dad's team wouldn't allow that, and we were ever grateful to the firm for another victory. Little did Teddy know, today would be an even better day than she imagined. Noah was going to adopt my niece today.

Seth reached for my hand and kissed it as we walked down the aisle, after our siblings. We were doing just fine since Emily's engagement ball. He was my plus one to the wedding, and to everyone's surprise, caught the garter Nicky threw. And of course, with Emily's great aim, I caught the bouquet. I'm only praying I don't do that again. We made it out in time to watch the beginnings of the wedding photos. Lily was clinging to her father's neck, giving him sloppy kisses as Teddy laughed beside them. They continued the photos, kissing the baby's chubby cheeks as the shutter clicked. The rest of the wedding party, and parents, walked over to the happy family to join in the pictures. It was the beginning of our family's fairy tale endings. Eventually, the crowd dissipated as they all departed for the reception farther up state. Dad's best friend said we could use his vineyard for any weddings and receptions. He was mostly insinuating that Mom and Dad get married soon. They were taking their time being a real couple for the first time in thirty years. They deserved it.

"Bailes! Come over here, the photographer wants some shots of you and Seth!" Teddy exclaimed from the stairs. Seth took my hand and pulled me over to the church, thumbing the band on my ring finger. In his heart, Seth felt we were still married. No piece of paper was needed to let the world know I was his. Dad, on the other hand, needed that piece of paper to let me go. I wasn't ready for another wedding. We needed a little more time to discover each other again. Seth stopped and turned to face me once we reached the photographer. I reached up and touched his cheek, playing with his stubble. He laughed and drew me closer to his body, curling his fingers in the fabric of my dress.

"I love you, Bailey Matthews," He whispered, like he did every morning. I would be Mrs. Matthews again one day, but until we had that license, I was still a Nova.

"I love you, Seth Nova." I whispered, leaning in to kiss his lips. Seth laughed and twirled me around while the click of the camera shutter went wild.

"Great! I think we've got enough from the church! Let's get to the second venue, folks!" The photographer exclaimed, putting his camera away. Noah and Teddy collected their daughter and made their way to the limo, and the rest of the wedding party made it to their respective cars. Seth and I stayed behind for a moment, our foreheads pressed together.