Chapter7

Seth held my hand tightly in his as we neared the door to his parent's apartment. He was reluctant to let me continue living here. I reassured him, multiple times, that there would be opportunities for sleepovers at his apartment in the future. Seth tugged me towards him as we stopped in front of the door. I giggled softly, placing one hand on his chest and the other on the doorknob.

"It's not like its forever." I joked. Seth frowned and leaned in close to my face. "Promise you'll be here for a long time." He whispered, tightening his arms around my waist.

"I'll be here as long as you want me." I said, leaning my forehead against his. Seth sighed and a grin spread from ear to ear on his face. "That'll be forever, then." He said, kissing my lips softly.

"Good night, Bailey." He said, opening the front door for me. I blew him a kiss and walked into the apartment, closing the door behind me. Meg and Tony were still at the restaurant, working late with Gramps for tomorrow's group of customers. I kept thinking of what Noah said. Eric was being put on trial. I could finally be rid of him, but I would never be welcomed back to that hell. The she-witch would never let me back in her perfect family. She would probably hire a mercenary to kill me instead.

I shook my head, fishing my phone out of my back pocket. Ten missed calls and nearly twenty unopened text messages, and they were all from Emily. That worried me. Was she in trouble—was Nicky in trouble? I dialed her number and pressed the phone anxiously to my ear. Please pick up, Emily. After the third ring, Emily answered, sounding sleepy.

"Mmm... Hello?" She mumbled.

"Emily, is everything alright? You called me a lot and I'm really worried." I said, leaning against the kitchen counter. "Hold on, Bailey, I didn't call you. Nicky Did." I heard the phone being shuffled around and the waking of Nicky.

"Bailey?" He mumbled into the phone.

"Hey Nicky." I whispered, wrapping an arm around myself. "I'm sorry I missed your calls, I was out for the night."

"Bailey, where are you? I'll come get you and we can talk in person." Nicky said, sounding more awake.

"Nicky, I've turned in for the night. Can we talk tomorrow?" I asked, chewing on my lip.

"Yes! Meet me at my hotel for lunch. We really need to talk, Bailey. I miss you." Nicky whispered into the phone.

"I miss you too, Nicky. Sleep tight." I whispered, ending the phone call. I pressed my phone against my head, closing my eyes. I just talked to Nicholas for the first time in two years. I felt tears well in my eyes. I missed him so fucking much; I missed Christian and Calvin and Theodora and Christine and Dad. I wanted to go home so badly, but Natasha and Eric were my wall. They were the reason I can never go home. The front door opened and shut, causing meet jump out of my skin.

"Bailey, how are you?" Meg asked, setting her purse on the counter. Tony followed her through, placing his keys on the rack. "Bailey?" Meg asked again. "Bailey, what happened? You look like you've seen a ghost."

I swallowed the lump in my throat. I had to tell them, but they couldn't tell Seth. "I have something to tell you." I said quietly, looking Meg in the eyes.

"You're not pregnant, are you? You and Seth are way too young to care for a baby—"

"My name is Bailey Lillian Nova." I blurted out. "My parents are Natasha and Theodore Nova. I grew up in New York City, with the occasional summer in London or Spain. My brother Calvin married his college sweetheart Sophia when I was twelve and just had their son Jordan less than a year ago. My sister Theodora is pregnant and divorcing her rapist husband who happened to rape me. My mother refused to bring my brother-in-law to trial because she didn't believe me, even with the evidence against him. I was only fifteen when it happened. I left home just a few weeks before my sixteenth birthday and my family has been looking for me ever since. My best friend, Emily, was in the shop today and told me everything that I missed, since I've been avoiding all media and news surrounding my family. Including the engagement between her and my brother Nicholas." I rushed out, dropping my gaze to the floor.