Chapter 8

I nearly ran all the way to Seth's apartment, for two reasons. The first was because I wanted to tell him I loved him and that we should elope. The second was because there was guy following me. I noticed him when I left the hotel, but after two blocks I got worried. He was keeping an oddly specific distance between the two of us. It freaked me out so much, I took the longest route possible to shake the guy off.

I ran up nearly seven flights of stairs to Seth's apartment, all thanks to the adrenaline rushing through my veins. I knocked on Seth's door once and waited, bouncing on the balls of my feet. When Seth opened the front door, I didn't give him the chance to speak. I pressed my lips to his as I pushed him inside. Seth placed his hands on my hips and pushed me back slightly.

"I love you, Seth." I breathed, placing my forehead against his. "I want to elope, Seth. I don't want to wait anymore." Seth just stared at me like I had six heads.

"Well, I just shit a brick. Seth, isn't this the same girl that avoided you for a few days? What the hell happened?" A girl behind Seth asked. I recognized her. It was... Libby, I think. Seth smiled and pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"I love you, Bailey." He said, encircling his arms around my waist. "But what brought on the elopement? I'd thought you'd want to wait?"

"I changed my mind. I don't want time think about anything, and then regret the decision later." I said, placing my hands on his chest. "Please tell me that you didn't change your mind, Seth?" Seth grinned at me as he slanted his lips over mine.

"Hell no, but I would love to dress up for this occasion." He said in a low voice. "And have my best friend and her girl friend to be there, photographing everything for my family." Seth said, glancing over his shoulder at Libby and the girl next to her.

"Of course we will, Seth." The other girl replied, moving away from Libby. "You are coming with me to get dressed and then we will meet your lovely bride at Town Hall." Seth grabbed my faced gave me one of the most passionate kisses e'sever given me before leaving with the other girl to his room.

"Come on, we live two floors down from Seth.I have something for you." Libby said, taking my hand. "I'm sorry I ever judged you—about using Seth. He's just the first person I met here, and he's always taken care of me. I don't like when he gets used. Especially after Carrie."

"Who's Carrie?" I asked, looking at Libby. "His siblings have mentioned her, but nothing else." Libby bit her lip as we walked downtime two flights of stairs to her apartment. I'm guessing that Carrie was an important person to Seth.

"Carrie came into town two years ago. She said that she was running from an abusive husband and that she really needed our help. Seth has always had this thing for damsel's in destress. He took her in without a second thought. She stayed with us for two months, Seth grew attached to her. He was watching the news one night and saw this story of a woman from Florida who embezzled nearly ten million from her company. The woman in question was Carrie. He called the FBI immediately and never looked back."

I bit my lip as we walked together. I hated that I was lying to Seth. I was too afraid to tell him who I was though. I needed to tell him soon, before it destroyed us both. I didn't want him to ever regret ever taking me in. I will tell him, just after we're married. Like long after we are married.

"I have a really nice dress you can have. I was going to wear it for my wedding to another woman. But then I met Marcy, thanks to Seth, and I haven't been able to look at the dress since." Libby said as she unlocked her apartment and led me inside. "And I was thinking, for your hair, that I would do a fancy braid into a twisted bun or something like that.Maybe some minimal make up too. I've notice that you really don't like make up."

"Never really been a 'girly-girl'." I replied as Libby led me to her room. She shrugged as she sat me on her messy queen sized bed. "Neither am I. Marcy is the girly one in our relationship. I just promised her that I would wear dress on our wedding day. I will, it's won't be the one in the back of my closet. That'll be yours." She said with a grunt. She pulled a beautiful knee length dress from the back of the closet. It looked liked it tapered at the waist, leaving a champagne colored ribbon to separate the cream top from the rose gold tule of the skirt.

"It's gorgeous." I whispered as I reached out to touch it. "Thank you, Libby." I said. She smiled and laid the dress on the bed. "It's no problem. Just get dressed and meet me in the living room." She said.

About an hour later, Libby and I were riding the subway to town hall. Marcy and Seth were waiting in line of people who were waiting to be married by a judge when we arrived. I couldn't take my eyes off of him when I saw him dressed in black trousers and a crisp white shirt and rose tie. He looked positively handsome. I nearly fainted when he took my hand and pulled me closer to him. His eyes seemed to glow when I looked at him, and I smiled. This was the right choice.

"Wow," He whispered, lacing his fingers through mine. "I am one hell of a lucky guy, Bailey." He murmured. I leaned in close and pressed my lips to his. "Then I'm one hell of lucky girl." I whispered back. Seth laughed and hugged me tight as he looked at his best friends.

"Thank you, so much. I mean it." He said, resting his hands on my waist. "I am so glad you two are here to witness this. I think my parents would keel over if they knew we were doing this." Libby grinned as she shook her head. We all knew Seth was right; we needed to find out how to tell his parents about the elopement. I don't know how they would react. Out of the three married couples, Tony, Julianna and Abigail, only Tony eloped. From what I heard, his parents weren't upset since his wife was pregnant at the time.

Seth kissed my head gently, bringing me out of my thoughts. "Mom and Dad will be fine with this." He said as he tightened his arms around me. We waited like this for about an hour, just chatting and laughing with each other. We entered the court house around two in the afternoon and were seen by the judge around two thirty. The whole thing was short, but that was expected. We said 'I do' in front of the two most important people we needed most, and I swear they were crying more than I was. I didn't have time to think about anything else after Seth slid his grandmother's (Meg's mother) wedding ring onto my finger and kissed me thoroughly. My toes curled in my shoes and my hands gripped his sides.

It. Was. Heaven.

*

*

*

*

*

Hello Lovlies!

I know, this chapter is so short, but I m rushing to get it out before I leave the house for the day. Going to see my little cousins for the 4th of July weekend. Haven't seen them in over a month and I really miss them. 

Anyways, how are you guys? I am great! Follow me on social media. All the user names are on my bio page.

Have a fun and safe weekend!

Lots of Love,

DoctorWho