Chapter Thirty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing?" she asked, frowning at his sudden move.

"I was just joking! You're prettier than them, no doubt. But you can't beat me, that's one thing you should know," he said, before bursting out laughing and successfully brought a broad smile on Sojung's face.

"Stop yourself, there are half of the world's population in here. Everybody's looking at us," she said in a slow tone when she felt eyes were on them, taking his hands away from her waist in an embarrassment.

Seokjin took his hands away from her waist immediately before putting it across Sojung's shoulders, and continued walking that way. They could hear screams that turned out in a sibilant hum as the thick clanking of rides moving, the shuddering of rails and tracks were overtaking the environment. Seokjin paid their entrance tickets and took in the courtyard with its souvenir shops and concession stands around the area. The bright happy colour caught Sojung's attention as she pulled Seokjin's hand and walked up to the souvenir shop on their left.

"Seokjin! Let's go there," she commanded, and Seokjin followed her lead. Her eyes landed on the different faces of teddy bears, different prints on soft pillows, cute beanies and other things that were too many to focus on one by one.

"Sowon, this will look cute on you," Seokjin said and Sojung turned around immediately. He shoved the fake glasses with big nose in an instant as she turned around, to her face.

Seokjin burst out laughing as he looked at Sojung's face that looked funnier than he thought.

"Wh—Jungkook! Why did you follow me here!" he said laughingly. She slapped his arms playfully as she chuckled before taking the glasses off of her face.

"I miss Jungkook," he said slowly as his laugh subsided.

"Buy something for him then," she suggested. Seokjin gasped when he thought about his members who might be whining for six months if he didn't buy anything for them. He walked towards the teddy bears section but soon stopped when he saw plush toys for pets caught his attention. His eyes were sparkling as he stared down the toys, as the thought of his members had completely diminished from his mind and Jjanggu was running around in his mind instead.

He picked the cutest he could find and walked over to Sojung who had two animal hats in her hand.

"I'll pay for these," she said and Seokjin felt a wash of happiness when he heard the sentence that he never thought he'd hear.

With an animal hat on his head, he pulled out a map out of Sojung's backpack and opened it, making plans on where to go first.

"Let's start it rough and harsh. This rollercoaster right here, Atlantis," Seokjin pointed to it on the map in his hand.

"No! Save the best for the last," she whined.

"I thought you have already saved the best ride for the last?" he asked, confusion was clear on his face.

"What are you talking about?" Sojung snorted.

"Me," he answered short. Sojung's face turned to be a frown in an instant before rolling her eyes to the back of her head and Seokjin laughing his head off.

"But I am saving the best for the last, though?" he raised his eyebrows as he moved his gaze to her face.

"No, you're not. You're literally suggesting to ride the Atlantis first. And. . . .yourself," Sojung frowned.

"Excuse me? I'm saving the best for the last, okay. It's food. We'll end our day with eating," he said.

Sojung chuckled at his silly statement as she pinched his nose softly. The discussion continued as they stood there for what felt like had been almost ten minutes, just deciding which ride to go on first.