Chapter 11: Kissing

Chapter 11: Kissing

The room that Grover picked out is quaint even if it is windowless. It must have been designed for visiting Lunas. The walls are a light blue and white damask pattern and a simple pocket door separates a room with a king bed and walk-in closet from the rest of suite. There is a small table, a huge comfy couch, and a small connected bathroom. Anna is looking around the room with wide eyes and it doesn't take being her best friend to realize that she's starting to get nervous again. 

"Did you have to bring five suitcases, Anna?" I grumble. "We are literally just down a story from your suite."

Anna slaps my arm. "I didn't bring five suitcases."

I put my hands on my hips and playfully glare at her.

"One of them is a bag and it's full of make-up." Anna defends herself with a grin. 

"High maintenance." I cough at her. 

Grover interrupts us to announce that the kitchen will be bringing pizza up to the room. Between the two of us, and the comedy movie, Grover and I manage to keep Anna in good spirits. I have a semi-permanent headache all day long from keeping Gannon blocked out of the mindlink. I manage to convince Anna to head to bed early and sure enough, she's out as soon as her head hits the pillow. I rummage around in one of Anna's suitcases until I find the teddy bear and the t-shirt that I hid. I dress the teddy bear in the t-shirt and set next to Anna, giggling as she curls around it in her sleep.

"What's with the bear?" Grover asks from the doorway. 

I follow him out of the room and quietly pull the pocket door closed behind me. "I put one of Alpha Princeton's shirts on it. I figured if the sheets didn't smell like him, she might feel more comfortable with something that does." 

Grover shakes his head. "You're amazing Christine." 

I scoff. 

Grover sinks down onto the couch. "No, really. You've had an insane day and yet you're taking care of your best friend." 

I stay standing by the couch. "It's easier to help someone out than it is to deal with my shit." I admit in a whisper. "It was a good distraction."

Grover grabs my hand and pulls me into his lap. My hands instantly go into his dark curls ,just as his hands wrap around my waist and the nape of my neck. Grover's lips taste exactly how I remember them and it turns me on just as much as it did the first time this morning. 

Grover pulls away and smiles at me. "Let him in, Kitten." 

I gape at him. "How did you-"

Grover grins and holds up his phone, waggling it at me. "He texted me, kitten. He apologized and I apologized to him." 

I cross my arms. "What did you have to apologize for? You didn't hit him back."

"I made decisions about his mate's safety without consulting him first. He had every right to deck me. In fact, he should have done it in front of Edinboro and the Alpha." Grover says. 

I shake my head. "He was being an a$$."

Grover grabs my chin and forces me to meet his eyes. "He's worried about you, Kitten. He's trying to figure out how to be a good mate and a good Beta. It's a hard balance."

I huff. I feel bad that Grover is playing relationship counselor rather than just playing with me. "Did he say anything about the three of us?"

Grover grins at me. "If you want the dirty details, you'll have to talk to him."