Ch.13 The Test

Dinner was awfully quiet. Brandon kept grabbing my hand. I would always pull away even though it hurt me. "What's wrong?" He asked. I looked at his face and he looked really worried.

"Nothing. I'm fine." I said as I faked a smile.

He looked at me suspiciously. "Alright if you say so." I could tell by the sound of his voice he was dissapointed. Maybe he thought I couldn't trust him. Or maybe he thought I was keeping something from him.

When we went to lay down he kept moving and sighing. "What is it?" I asked half way asleep.

"This is killing me." He said as he sat up.

"What is?"

"You. Us. Your obviously keeping something from me. So what is it? Did I do something?" He asked trying to understand.

"It's nothing, really and you didn't do anything. Well, I mean you kind of did but it's no more your fault than it is mine." I answered.

"What did we do? Your not having second thoughts on us are you? Aww man, I knew it was too good to be true. You want someone else don't you?"

"What no! I'm glad I chose you and I don't want anyone else. It's just something that you don't need to know right now. Just wait until I find out and I'll tell you, OK?" I said as I closed my eyes again.

"It's it bad? Please tell me if it's bad."

"It can be bad or it can be good. It just depends on you." I said wondering if he'd be happy or disappointed.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Sure, what is it?"

"What's your opinion on kids?" I asked.

"Kids? I think their ungrateful brats. Why do you like them?" He said with a chuckle.

I felt a tear going down my face. "No, just wanted to know what you thought about them."

"Oh, well, now you know. Kids are just so annoying. You know? Their messy and a weakness. Kids are a man's curse."

"Yeah, well, good night." I said as I turned the light off and went to sleep.

"Good night, I guess." He said as we both went to sleep.

The Next Morning..............

I woke up to Brandon leaving. He gave me a kiss on the forehead and went out the door. Once he was gone I got up and dressed. There was a note on his pillow. I read it as I brushed my teeth.

"Lana, I went out to go get some coffee. Be back in a few. Love you - Brandon"

My first thought was "perfect". I grabbed my wallet and walked to the nearest store. Lucky for me I like to walk also the store was only 2 miles away.

Once I got to the store everyone's eyes went to me. I went to the back of the store and grabbed a test. On my way to the counter a man stepped in front of me. "Hello pretty lady, you new?" He said with a smile.

His breath was awful and he was covered in dirt. He smelled like beer and dip. His teeth were crooked and he had sweat spots all over his shirt. His pants were torn and he looked like he hadn't shaved in a week.

"Um, please let me pass." I said politely.

"You didn't answer my question." He said.

"Yes I'm new. Just stopping by and picking up a few things." I said trying not to show that he disgusted me. "Now please let me pass."

He moved out of the way. As I was walking passed him he moved back in front of me. "One more pretty lady. How about I give you a ride to wherever it is your going?" He offered getting closer to me.

Leader Of The Packजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें