Ch. 3 Underneath

To my surprise the clothes fit perfectly. I sat down for dinner at 8:00. It was a really weird evening. While we ate no one said a word.

The silence was killing me. "So how was your day?" I asked awkwardly.

"Fine." Sara said.

"Mine too, other than the mishap today."

After they answered it went back to silence. "OK guys the silence is killing me. Why aren't you talking?"

Sara shrugged. "Are we supposed too?"

I couldn't believe my ears. "No you don't have to but usually people do."

"Really, why?" She asked.

"Because people want to know stuff about the people around them." I answered.

"What would like to know?" He said.

"Your name. Your age. Anything." I stated.

"Oh, ok this ought to be fun. Um, I'm 37. I have 3 children and my name is Sara."

I smiled and knotted. "That was good."

"Darling aren't you going to say anything?" Sara asked.

"This is ridiculous."

"Aw come on." I begged.

"OK. Um, my name is Brandon. I'm 21 years old and I like to run, I guess." He said.

" He said

"Brandon. See that wasn't so bad." I replied.

Once I said that they both looked at me. "What?"

"Aren't you going to say anything?" Brandon asked.

"Ok. Yeah. Um, my name is Lana. I'm 18 turning 19 next month and I am or was the Alfa's daughter."

"Really?" Brandon asked.

I knotted. "Yep."

"We should do this more often." Brandon said.

"Agreed." Sara said with a grin on her face.

Once we finished dinner Brandon walked me back to my room. "Look I know you don't want to be here but please stay. It's just that, it seems like everything lightens up when your here."

I was shocked. Why was he so nice? What happened to the big bad Alfa of the Rogues? "Um," I began.

"Just take my words into consideration alright."

"You know when I was little my father told me to never leave our territory, even to visit the Woods. He said that there were bad people out there. He told me that they were cruel and uncontrollable and he said that instead of them having hearts they had nothing, they felt nothing and all they did was attack the innocent. But for some reason you don't seem cruel, uncontrollable or even like you feel nothing. Over the years I began to think that it wasn't the Rogues that were the bad guys it was us. The Moons. My father killed the innocent and he was uncontrollable and he didn't show emotion. He told me that he would protect me from the bad and I think that's why he sent me here." I said.