Ch. 10 The Dream

As soon as I closed my eyes I opened them. But the world seemed different. Altered.

I looked over and Brandon was gone. I got up and suddenly I heard a scream. It was playful and sounded like it came from a little boy.

When I walked out the bedroom I saw my reflection on one of the mirrors in the hall.

I screamed so loud I was surprised that the glass didn't shatter. My stomach was huge. It was like I had a beach ball under my shirt.

I screamed again and ran back into my room. I quickly grabbed my phone and dialed Hailey's number.

"Hello?" She asked.

"Hailey! Something is wrong! Like really really wrong!" I yelled trying to stop my self from crying.

"Lana, calm down. What's wrong? Your not bleeding are you?"

"What! No! Trust me that's the last of my problems, having my period. No I woke up and it looks like I have a beach ball under my clothes!" I screamed.

"Lana, your supposed to look like that. I looked like that when I was 5 months pregnant, remember?" She asked.

"No! I don't remember!" I cried out.

"Lana, your scaring me. I'm coming over. I was going to let Maddox and Dakota visit Sara anyway. Hold on I'll be there in 20."

I heard someone run into the house. It was Brandon. "What's wrong?" He asked looking worried.

"Nothing, I just freaked out. I think it was just a bad dream." I said sluggishly.

He bent down on one knee and laid his ear against my belly.

He raised his head and smiled. "You nearly gave me a heart attack peanut." He said softly and chuckled.

I felt really awkward. But the way Brandon was talking to it made me want to smile. I still felt weird but I couldn't help but smile.

"Momma! Momma, what happened? Did you fall down?" A little girl asked. She was as cute as a button.

When I realized she was talking to me I froze

When I realized she was talking to me I froze. Not knowing what to say I just looked at her. She looked just like Brandon.

"Luna, sweet heart, your mom just had a bad dream. That's all. Now go play." Brandon said softly. It kind of freaked me out because not only was Brandon not the type to talk softly to someone and he was just talking about someone named Luna but he had a bite on the left side of his neck.

She smiled and ran up to me. She wrapped her little arms around my leg and squeezed as hard as she could then she turned around and ran back outside.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"What do you mean? Everything is fine. Luna and Lucian were playing outside when we heard you scream. I thought something was wrong but I guess it was just a bad dream." He said as he ran his fingers threw his messy hair.