Chapter 20.

Chapter 20.

Reese walked up the narrow steps, clutching her jacket tightly together as she traveled up the narrow pathway. She looked over her shoulder. No one was in sight. Despite her better judgment, she continued to walk up the stairs. Reese felt shivers travel up her spine as she suddenly began to realize this was a bad idea meeting Pumpkin here. She looked around. The sun had not fully set so the alley way was lightly shaded. But the abandoned and deserted atmosphere made her question why the hell Pumpkin invited her here in the first place. Pumpkin text her phone with an address and Reese foolishly just showed up without fully looking into where she was going. Something about this place gave her a eerie feeling. Graffiti decorated the walls as she approached a metal steel door. Her mind was thinking the worst possible. Something deep down inside made her feel like Pumpkin was setting her up. As if she knew something about her and King and was plotting on her for revenge. She shook that image from her head. Pumpkin was crazy but she was like family to King. No way she was that crazy. Besides, Reese was extremely careful and cautious about her relationship. There was no way Pumpkin found out anything. She still couldn't understand why of all places, why here? Approaching the door, she bypassed knocking and pushed it right open. She had her 9mm fully loaded in her purse, which gave her a sense of power. No matter what she would be protected even if she had to protect herself. She stuck her head in first. There was electricity on the inside so the abandoned warehouse wasn't so abandoned after all. ''Pumpkin!" Reese called her name out, her voice echoing throughout the large space. No answer. She didn't see Pumpkins rover parked outside, so she might have arrived first, which probably was the best thing. She stepped her foot in. The coast was clear. BOOM! POW! BOOM! Reese dropped to her knees as she lost all movement and everything went black. BLOOP! Her body dropped to the floor as she was knocked out cold......