Chapter 10.

CHAPTER 10.

Reese pulled up to the unknown address. Pumpkin sent her the Key highway address via text message, instructing her on what time she should arrive. She drove her Infinity into a parking lot leading towards a deserted, boarded up hair salon. Why here of all places? She looked around. No one was in the area and the place looked abandoned. Reese nervously cracked her knuckles as she waited. She was here to meet King. After Pumpkin made that drastic call, Pumpkin made a few phone calls of her own after telling her to drive towards Key Highway in 1 hour. King was going to meet her there to give her something. She had no idea what that something was. Reese sat back in her leather seats as she placed the car in park. She was nervous as hell right now and felt extremely shaken to be meeting up with King alone. Reese felt like an insecure idiot the last time she was around him. She had no idea how to act around a man with so much power, and it clearly showed. She felt like a damn fool to think she could pass up to be a certified thief like Pumpkin. King called it like he seen it. She was a good girl and had always been.

Seconds later, an all-black Porsche truck pulled up next to her. The windows were tinted so dark she could not see who was all inside. The paint job had a shiny exterior. The truck was black on black with large black 24 inch rims. She wasn't surprised to see how he was riding. Based upon what she was told about King, he had a variety of vehicles to choose from. The Porsche truck was one of many.

He rolled down the window enough for her to see his face. They locked dazes. Damn it. She chanted inside her head. Why does he have to be so goddamn fine???

Reese couldn't deny the inevitable, he was one of the most handsome males she had ever seen in her entire lifetime. She was completely smitten the first time she laid eyes on him on his office but she would never admit it out loud. For a moment, Reese began to think about Pumpkin and how she ran down the rules the night after their first meeting. No shaking hands with King. No lusting over King. No visits at King's office if Pumpkin wasn't present. Anything that involved King was a no go. Pumpkin made that very clear the last time she saw her.

She glanced over. Reese couldn't see much. He was dressed in a cream polo shirt with a gold chain hanging across his neck. "What's up Reese?" He smiled at her. Her heart fluttered as soon as he opened his mouth to speak. She pulled herself together, trying not to look stupid again with her mouth hanging open. "Hello King." She spoke as calmly as possible attempting to breathe at a steady pace.

"Heard you got into a little bit of trouble with your roomie." He continued to smile at her as he slightly leaned out of his window. Reese nervously cracked a smile. "Looks like that huh? Pumpkin said you got something for me."

They made eye contact for a second as King played with the neatly trimmed edges of his mustache. Yeah I do." He answered her. "Park your car. Come hop in the truck with me."

Reese grew embarrassed as she remembered the sweats and tank top she still wore from this morning. "Park here? What if my car gets towed?" she came up with an excuse to stay in place.

"Don't worry about that." He waved his hand. "I own this salon baby girl and I ain't gonna tow your car."

Reese was surprised. She looked out the corner of her eye, glancing at the salon which was a 2 story glass building decorated in pink and purple drapes. . The salon was boarded up, but she could see the potential. The sign read Queen's Hair Salon. She was impressed and had no idea behind the scheming and plotting, King was a legit business man. "Wow. I had no idea." She nodded her head.

He smirked. ''You're gonna get in or what?"

They both grew silent staring at each other. Why is he staring at me like that??? She thought inside her head. Feels like he's looking me deep inside my soul. I know I'm not hallucinating. For a second, Reese felt something but at the same time felt like she was imagining things. This man was practically untouchable. There's no way he's checking for someone like me.