Chapter 17.

Chapter 17

What the hell was that? I should have seen it coming! How could I have been so stupid???

Her mind rushed as she walked up the clear pathway clutching her sweater by her side. The sun had fallen and it grew a little chilly out. Reese threw her car keys over her shoulder, clicking the lock on her shiny red infinity that she recently had polished. She took a deep breath as she pushed the car into the back of her mind, attempting to make sense of everything that happened today. She knew Pumpkin was upset but she had no idea she would take it this far. How dare she? I put my entire life on the line for this bitch and she got some nerve to toss me to the side like im nothing? Reese began to feel her anxiety rush as she approached the front door. She couldn't figure out what made Pumpkin so suspicious. She slipped up spilling the beans about the inner harbor condo, but that was it. She was tired of the speculation and disgusted by the way she was treated today. She retrieved the house key, being cautious to separate them while looking for a specific one. After locating the gold bronze key, she slipped it into the key hole and unlocked the doors to her newly found kingdom. She stepped into the long hallway. A pleasant aroma floated from the kitchen area. Steak and homemade potatoes. She closed her eyes as she inhaled. Mmmmm. Reese floated down the hallway, feeling as if she were on cloud 9 and suddenly forgetting all about tonight's turn of events. She approached the double doors while walking into the living room. She smiled from ear to ear as her eyes fell upon the man of her dreams standing in the kitchen over the stove. He met her gaze, smiling as soon as she walked through the door. She leaned against the door frame as she admired how good he looked standing over that stove. "I'm back." she smiled at him even wider. King seductively licked his lips as she walked through the door. He smiled at her, causing her insides to jump outside of her body. He nodded his head for her to come over. "You said rib eye steak was your favorite right?" She smirked as she walked across the dining room. He really did listen to her during pillow talk and that was so sexy. She approached him, lifting her chin to greet him with a kiss. He leaned down, softly pecking her on the lips. "I missed you." He smirked.

She laughed. "I only have been gone for 3 hours." Reese admired King as he turned towards her, placing his arms around her waist pulling her in close. She gazed into his eyes. Nothing had ever felt this right in her life. Ever. Suddenly she began to feel everything she went through in her past was for a reason. If she hadn't met her lowest, she would have never met the man of her dreams.

"It felt really good to hear you come through that door using your key. I'm not used to this, but I like the feeling." He held her tight as she cradled him in her arms. She soaked up every word as she melted in his embrace. Reese decided she was going to enjoy this moment and not let Pumpkin ruin it the way she had done from the beginning. There was no way in hell she was going to let that chick scare her away from her man. This was destiny. She held him, completely pushing Pumpkin in the back of her mind deciding to get to that subject later. "Is it really my key?" she asked as she reiterated his statement. Reese eyed him, hoping he wasn't going to shoot her down.

"It's yours if you want it to be. But i don't want you to think I'm moving too fast." She stared at him, never giving thought to whether or not she should slow things down. Ever since their first night together, it seemed as if their souls grew closer. She didn't want to slow it down.

"So how did your meeting go with Pumpkin?" he asked the question she tried so hard to avoid. Her chest dropped into her stomach as she swallowed the large lump in her throat. She bit her lip while looking way avoiding eye contact.

"Uhhh here you go." he spoke sarcastically as he picked up on her sudden facial expression change. She looked back up at him, ready to get this over with and tell him what's really going on. She knew he was going to ask eventually. "King." she spoke his name slowly. She hated giving him bad news but she knew honesty was very important to him. She had no other choice other than to tell him what was going on. "I think Pumpkin knows about us." Her eyes nervously traveled up to meet his.