Chapter 12.

Chapter 12.

Click Clack Click Clack.

Her heels tapped on the marble floors as Reese walked down the long narrow hallway. Her long black dress dragged on the floor behind her. She followed the directions jotted down on the poorly written sticky note. 401 W Pratt St, Baltimore. Up the elevators, to the right. Room #487.

Reese sashayed down the hallway, practicing her walk as she caught a glimpse of herself in the full length mirror. She stopped before walking past, examining her outfit. Hmmmm... She kept the tag tucked safely underneath the armpit in hopes of returning the $2500 Shalaj K. designer dress back to the boutique after tonight was over. She didn't want to overdress again, but at the same time she wanted to wear a comfortable but fashionable dress with stretchy material so she could maneuver. Reese took a deep breath. This is it... There's no turning back.

She continued her journey down the hallway, her mind wandering. She began to think about Pumpkin. That woman had been acting extremely weird lately and it felt as if she was giving off the cold shoulder. Reese began to ponder across what she could have possibly done different. I never should have stayed the night at King's without telling her. But dammit, he made it soooooooo worth it. She shivered as she began to think about King again but quickly shook that image out of her head.

She hadn't spoken with Pumpkin since the night she left her apartment. Reese called her at least 20 times prior to driving to the hotel but got no answer. She found the directions stuck on the outside of her car window poorly written down on a balled up sticky note. Room #487 at the Hilton Hotel. Her anxiety rushed as she walked down the hotel lobby towards the elevators. She had arrived on time, just the way she was advised. Clearly, she had gotten off on the wrong foot with Pumpkin and tonight was the night to prove herself. Reese was in debt to her and did not want to get on her bad side so soon in the game.

She slowly approached the elevator which was located at the end of the hallway. The doors slid open. She didn't hesitate stepping inside. Reese didn't know what was waiting for her up these stairs, all she knew was she had a 9mm in her purse that she found left underneath her pillow. Good looking out Pumpkin.

She felt the weight of the gun in her purse as the elevator slowly made its way to the top, taking what felt like forever. Pumpkin was supposed to have arrived before her. Hopefully, she was already here waiting for her upstairs. Reese had no idea what she was about to walk into but she was prepared this go round. Slowly but surely, she was growing accustomed to expecting the unexpected. She knew by now that anything could go down at any time, she had to be ready.

Reese anxiously tapped her foot as the elevator slowly inched its way to the top floor. She made several poor attempts to make herself believe she had what it takes to be a successful thief like Pumpkin and King. Pumpkin had been robbing niggas since she was 16 years old. She had plenty of experience. Reese on the other hand had never stolen a thing in her life. Her mother scolded her at a very young age, telling her if she ever was to steal or do drugs, she would end up a no good piece of shit just like a father. Reese shook her head. My mother was a cruel witch...

The elevator doors opened. Reese stepped out of the elevator. Once in the hallway, she took one last deep breath. The closer she got the more anxious she became. She walked at a steady pace ready to get this over with and collect her next payment. She wanted to slap herself upside the head for not being smarter with her money. It had only been 1 week. She already spent half of her cash on stupid shit and had absolutely nothing to show for it.

She approached room #487. Reese stood in front of the door contemplating whether or not she really wanted to go in. Anything could go wrong at any time. She was placing herself directly in the crosshairs and it was too late to turn back. She was an accomplice now.