Chapter Thirty-Eight

Start from the beginning

Seokjin's eyes were staring deeply into the letter, speechless and surprised with every word that was written on the piece of paper. Funny how words could change everything. By everything, it meant, everything. From his feelings, to his emotions, his mindset and his perspectives.

He put the glass of water down on to the wooden floor, before ripped the wrapper apart exposing the brown box inside of it. The box was the same height as his chest as he was sitting in front of it, showing how tall and big the box was. He pulled the mouths of the box open and glanced down to take a look of what was inside. What he saw was incredibly unexpected as he thought, where did she even find these things?

Seokjin grabbed the first thing that had caught his attention, a big set of eating utensils with pink cherry blossoms printed on it. He remembered these completely; it was when he wanted to buy it but it was too expensive for him back in the days. It was one of the things that he wanted because the colours and the prints were such an eye candy. His heart flattered knowing that she bought the set of utensils for him, even though he had forgotten the existence of these goddess, seeing them once again made him remember how amazing these were, and they still made him feel the same way.

Next to the set of utensils was a book, Florence by Kim Jin-su. As he stared down on the book cover, a flashed of memories of Sojung explaining how amazing the book was and how she was immersed and in love with how the story went to him. It was the first more than a hundred and fifty pages book that Seokjin had ever read, and probably the last, but it had successfully let his manly tears out. This book had so many memories lingered to it—he didn't even realise it until he saw it.

On the bottom of the book, there was an album. An album by Kim Bum-soo, a singer that Seokjin had been adoring since forever. He was the reason why he fell in love in singing and listening to ballad songs. He remembered when Sojung bought the album for him on his seventeenth birthday, and they ended up listening it together by the river near their neighbourhood at around 10pm, with the old school CD-player that Seokjin brought along with him. As they listened to the whole album, Sojung wanted to borrow the album because she fell in love with the singer's voice, along with the beautiful lyrics of each song. That was how she had a desire of becoming a singer, and eventually the album was never returned because they were both accepted into an agency not too long later.

An album full of their pictures ever since they started dating until their last date on the day they went out eating bibimbap together—the day when Sojung received a mail telling she was accepted into Source Music. The day where the disaster started to slowly happen. Seokjin kind of wished that day wouldn't happen, but if that day didn't happen, they won't be as who they were today. He won't be as strong as he was today, she won't be showing her dark side like she once did before. He flipped through the pages of the album, a flow of memories were flowing like a river water in his mind. Every single memory that he thought he might had forgotten was still very fresh in his mind—how the weather was, who was there, where it was and every little thing about it.

There were too many things in the box, he didn't know it contained this much memories in this big—but still small around seven to eight inches of space inside of a box. There were so many things that he wanted to go through, and let the memories flowed through his mind naturally, but then, he realised how much he had been missing him and her. There was a stack of pain placing its position in the corner of his heart, as he think about the old memories that were long gone, and didn't know if those will happen again someday.

He shifted his gaze down to his watch. He realised that he had been walking down to his memory lane for more than an hour. Seokjin thought he needed some sleep—that day was tiring indeed. Everything happened at the same time, sadness, uneasiness, disappointment, happiness, delighted, and every other emotion was pushed into one night.