Chapter 56: Irene Rose

Start from the beginning

   I heard the door open up and looking towards where it had been heard,  I saw my amazing-looking mate come out with his outfit looking handsome on him. His hair was left in a touselled mess and look quite nice with his maroon coloured sweater over his dress shirt. It was cuffed around the elbows, but it showed his amazing veins which peeked from under the material. His legs were covered in simple blue jeans and a brown belt, but he could pull off such simple clothes.

  I beamed brightly at him, feeling something tug at my heart strings as I embraced him in a hug, I've been overly affectionate lately

  I beamed brightly at him, feeling something tug at my heart strings as I embraced him in a hug, I've been overly affectionate lately. He could sense my happiness and smiled along with me, wrapping his strong arms around my body, inhaling my scent before pulling back, giving me space.

   "You look handsome Mr Alpha," I teased him, causing him to growl playfully and kiss my cheek.

    "I bet you look very beautiful too," he compliments me, making me blush brightly. It felt nice to get a compliment from him, I felt loved and cared for. Even though he couldn't see me, I still managed to smile brightly.

    "Thank you, now let's go, the pack is waiting," I ordered him, which made him roll his eyes. His hand came up to wrap around my own, the feeling of tingles shooting up my arm made me sigh in content before he walked out of his room and out of his house. I leant closer to his body, feeling slightly cold from the slight wind, but his body heat managed to fix that quite well as we walked out together, the smell of barbeque in the air as we made our way to the training grounds where the majority of the pack was. The training grounds were replaced by tables and white couches which were under the trees which scattered around the area. Many pack members were already sitting down, pups ran about laughing as their parents watched on.

   Memories fluttered through my mind about Alpha James' pack, how this was something like his celebration, but less formal and much more outdoor like

   Memories fluttered through my mind about Alpha James' pack, how this was something like his celebration, but less formal and much more outdoor like. This was a little too fancy for just a lunch, but it made me smile brightly. I tried to hide the sadness inside me as the memories of my enjoyment they flashed through my eyes, but, I guess it didn't work as I felt Archer's hand tighten around my own. I gave him a nod, signalling that I was okay and we were approached by multiple pack members, they rubbed their scents on me, inhaling my own as they greeted us with delight.

    "Welcome back Alpha!" some teen-wolves howled out, some others did the same and everyone clapped happily, some cheering out in happiness that their once lost Alpha had returned. Alpha Archer howled with them, his hand still clutching my own as he shouted his happiness in the air. The place was alight with happiness and for once, I felt like I was apart of something more than a pack, it felt a little bit like a home.

    "You may now all eat!" Archer announced, thirty minutes into the celebration. He and I were the ones to eat first, finishing our meals before the rest of the pack-members got to eat. It was customary that we were to do this first. A smile tweaked at my lips as a mutter of thanks rang through the area and they began to grab the food which was placed around all the tables, each filled with deer meat and vegetables.

    Archer and his family sat at the front of the place, I sat next to Archer, right hand, the Beta on his left, his parents next to the beta, and his siblings (with Miles) sat next to me on the right, Jacob, Kayley, then Miles. My hand was claimed by Archer as he watched over his pack, his family eating and talking to pack members who approached them.

    "This is a wonderful celebration! Welcome back Alpha Archer!" one of the elderly ladies said as they walked by our table, bowing her head.

    "It is no problem, and thank you, Rae," he replied back and Rae bowed her head again before taking her leave.

    "They have grown immensely closer," Archer whispered to me, watching how the pack interacted with his slightly enhanced sight. I squeezed his hand, noticing it too how the pack was looking very much happier, getting to know one another as they ate, laughing loudly at something before nodding.

    "Yes, who would've thought this would have never happened if you did not go into therapy," I commented, trying to bring light to his therapy and how it all occurred.

    "I guess we could thank you for that," Jacob butted in, smiling next to me. 

   "It is true Irene, if it wasn't for you, maybe, not in the way we'd all like, but it happened because the Goddess brought you here, and we cannot thank you enough," Archer said, before leaning down and kissing my cheek. I felt a wave of pride within me, it did happen because of my mistakes, but I guess, if Archer hadn't come to find me, this would have never happened and I felt very much happy to know that maybe, me being stubborn was not so bad after all.

   "Also, I have a surprise for you, look over there," Archer said in my ear, his hand pointing to the left side of where we were. I looked there, confused at what he pointing at before I saw the familiar faces through the crowd. I gasped, feeling tears leaving my eyes at the sight. I missed the and now they were here.

 I missed the and now they were here