Chapter Thirty-Seven

Start from the beginning

"It's fine. Fighting!" he showed a fist to Seokjin before he mouthed the word thank you and walked out of the dorm.

...

Seokjin blinked several times and took a deep breath in through his nose, blowing it out again, hoping the thought of her would go with it. But he didn't think it was possible. There was no doubt in his mind, he can't stop thinking of what Sojung had done to him on his birthday a few years back—a few months before the break up, a few months before he found out the truth that she had been holding. I shouldn't think of my bad past, I've told myself this for so many times but why am I still thinking about it?

As he lifted his head to look at the busy road outside of his tinted mirrors, he saw a restaurant that he once went to with his members to celebrate his birthday, on that same year of Sojung didn't give him a wish—not even love. The sweet memories of them laughing before Namjoon choking on his pork because of whatever joke Hoseok was telling about his neighbourhood, and Yoongi had to pat his back multiple of times before his choking subsided with a sip of water. How beautiful. Deep down, in the corner of his heart, he wished he could repeat the same exact moment again. Laughing, eating, without having to worry about other things.

He had to admit ever since he became an idol and had a strong platform in his career, there was nothing else he could do other than following the schedules. Sometimes he likes too look at other people, who could freely walk on the street, holding hands with their partner while pointing to every little thing one of them found cute. Walking together at a park without having a camera following them all the time—with some scripted words that you had to follow, and had to say just to make it looked more lively and romantic. Why did he have to do that when he can do it in reality? What am I thinking about?

He turned the handle, and pushed open the door and poked his head through the gap.

"Is Soj—Sowon here?" he asked one of the crews that was passing by.

"Yeah, she just arrived a few minutes ago," the crew said, before giving him a short bow and walked away from his sights. He walked out of the vehicle, following him was his manager at his back as he walked towards the lift that will take him to their rented house.

"Jin," his manager spoke up as the lift door closed in front of them.

"Yes?" he shifted his gaze to his manager who was holding a phone and seemed too immersed into what was showing on his phone screen.

"Your We Got Married episodes have the best ratings out of all seasons this show have been showing throughout the years," manager-nim said in an enthusiastic tone, before showing him the article to Seokjin to read.

His fingers slipped on the phone screen and started scrolling down as he read the article, and eventually ended up on the comment section. There were more than five thousands comments on the article, and he came to a realisation that most of them were saying the same thing, which was how romantic they were in the show, and how their chemistry seemed so real as if they were dating in real life.

[+3,022, -123] I have a feeling that they are secretly dating in real life. If it's true, just announce it already! We'll accept it with open hearts! one comment said, before he scrolled down and saw somebody replying to it.
[+783, -33] I know right?! Most of ARMYs will be pissed hearing their oppas' dating somebody but surprisingly, we are supporting these two so hard. It's unbelieveable.

[+4,339, -97] I honestly can't wait until the day when both BigHit and Source Music confirming about their relationship. Dispatch doesn't even need to stalk them and take multiple of pictures of them dating or whatever when we have THIS show as an evidence.