Chapter 20

PERCY

I ran my hand through my black hair.

Brielle was a demigod.

I turned to Coach Leno, "How long have you known?"

"Since I started teaching," he said. "That's why I came to the school. To keep an eye on her."

"Did you know that Percy and I were demigods?" Annabeth asked.

Coach nodded. "Duh. And also, that daughter of Zeus, that young son of Hades, the Aphrodite girl-"

"Ok, we get it," I interrupted. I looked up at Grover. "Who's her parent?"

"I have no idea. She hasn't been claimed yet," Grover said, glancing at the girl on the bed.

"So... Is she ok?" Annabeth asked.

Grover nodded. "Yeah, but unconscious. Fought a fury and a couple hellhounds. But she's alive."

As if on queue, Brielle's chest raised, then fell.

"When did she get here?"

"Just now." Grover looked nervous, as if he knew something that no one else did.

"Did you know?" I asked.

Grover looked at me. "Know what?"

"That she was a demigod."

"No," he replied with a shake of his head.

I heard a moan, and Brielle's head turned a bit.

"She's stirring!" Annabeth said and walked over to her.

Brielle's eyes didn't open. But I heard her mumble something that I couldn't understand.

Then just for a second, a green trident floated above her head. Then it disappeared as her head drooped off to one side.

My mouth dropped open. Everyone turned and looked at me.

Brielle was my sister.

My sister.

Grover put his hand on my shoulder.

Annabeth said, "Oh my gods."

One of the other kids opened his mouth. "Percy, you should probably stay with her."

Before I could argue, they emptied the room. It was just Grover, Annabeth and me.

"Do you, uh, want to be alone with her?" Grover asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know. What should I say when she wakes up?"

"Explain to her," Annabeth said in a quiet voice. "Tell her that she's a demigod and a daughter of Poseidon. Tell her about the gods, the camp, the monsters..."

"But what if she freaks out?" I asked.

"She won't," Annabeth said. "I'm sure that it'll be fine."

Annabeth got up and kissed my cheek, then walked out. Grover clapped my shoulder. "Good luck," he said and followed Annabeth, closing the door behind him. I sat in the chair that Annabeth was sitting in moments before. I sighed as I looked at the face of my sister. I noticed some red on the sleeve of her shirt. I lifted the sleeve up, and saw that there was a thick gash in her shoulder. How could those kids not have noticed? I shook my head and stood up, walking over to a counter and picking up a cup of nectar. I also grabbed a couple ambrosia squares. I sat back down in the chair. I pushed Brielle's bloodied sleeve up and a tiny bit at a time, I poured it on her shoulder. I heard a wince. I looked up from her shoulder and saw Brielle's eyes fluttering open.

Annabeth at Goode[EDITING]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें