Chapter 3

PERCY

I prepared to get slapped in the face. I tensed slightly, waiting for Annabeth to pull away, call me an idiot, hit me, but she didn't do any of those things.

She actually kissed me back. I relaxed, moving my hand to her hair, then the back of her neck, then her waist. Our lips moved softly against each other. I pulled her closer to me, just as a voice echoed through the apartment.

"Percy! I'm home!" my mother yelled. The kiss ended, and Annabeth looked at me, her lips parted slightly. Her cheeks were flushed pink. I was the one to look away. Annabeth stood up, brushing off her jeans.

"I, uh, better get going," she said, quietly.

"I'll give you a ride." I said. She avoided looking at me.

"It's okay, I can walk-"

"Annabeth, it's raining. You're not walking." I interrupted.

She hesitated, then mumbled a "Fine." She gathered her things, then we walked downstairs to the kitchen, where I found my mom putting away groceries.

"Hi, honey," she said, then she noticed Annabeth. "Annabeth! What are you doing here?" She walked up to Annabeth and gave her a hug.

"I transferred to Goode. I was, um, just helping Percy with his homework." She said.

"Then you must've been here for a long time," my mom said with a laugh. Annabeth let out a giggle, which made me blush.

"Mom!" I hissed. My mom held up her hands and walked out of the kitchen.

"Come on," I mumbled and led Annabeth out of my apartment.

"Um, can you drive quickly?" she asked once we got into the car.

I felt myself blush. "Why?" I asked. It's because you kissed her, stupid. She's probably embarrassed.

"I promised Thalia that I would be home by three thirty and-" she cut off suddenly. "Uh, I mean..."

"Why would Thalia care about what time you come home at?" I asked while starting the car.

"Um... Because... I, uh, promised that I would Iris Message her. You know, first day here. Wants to know how I am," she said, sounding unsure. I though it was kind of suspicious, I didn't ask her about it. I tried to drive as quickly as possible, to avoid an awkward silence. But, it happened anyway.

"Are you sure that you're okay living by yourself?" I asked, as I pulled into the parking lot of her apartment.

She nodded. "I've been fighting monsters since I was seven, Percy. I think I can handle this."

I nodded.

There was silence for a few seconds, before she spoke again. "I'll see you tomorrow." She got out of the car, and walked into the building.

I sighed and started the car to drive home again.

ANNABETH

When I walked into my apartment, Clarisse marched up to me. "Did you kiss him?"

"What?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes. "You know what I mean," she said.

Clarisse's boyfriend, Chris, came up behind her and put his hands on her shoulders. "Let her breathe," he said quietly. Clarisse crossed her arms.

"How was your day?" Thalia asked, walking up to me.

"It was fine," I said simply, placing my backpack down.

Thalia raised her eyebrows. "Just fine?"

I nodded. "Yeah. It was fine."

"And how was Percy?" Connor asked, standing beside me.

I felt my cheeks turn warm.

"He was fine," I replied, pretending to look for something in my bag so they wouldn't see my blush.

"Oh my gods, Annabeth. You are terrible at hiding your emotions!" Katie exclaimed.

I snapped my head around to look at her. "What are you talking about?"

Katie smiled. "What aren't you telling us?"

I bit my lip, avoiding eye contact with everyone.

"Just tell us, did you kiss him?"

I let out a long breath. "He... Might of kissed me..."

Clarisse stood tall and crossed her arms over her chest proudly. "I knew it!" she said.

"Yeah, whatever, shut up," I mumbled. "Anyways!" I said, trying to change the subject from Percy and I, "I love you guys and all, but why are you all still here?"

"Well, we don't have anywhere to stay so we're going to to live here." Connor said.

"So, Annabeth, are you dating Percy?" Katie asked. Why did she have to bring up Percy and I again?

"Obviously not, who would want to date Percy?" Travis said.

"Shut up, Travis." Katie snapped back.

"I was just joking, gods... Stop being such a drama queen," he mumbled loud enough for Katie to hear. Katie gave him a death glare and started muttering something.

"Katie? Are you okay?" Juniper asked. Katie didn't reply to her, but she kept muttering something that I couldn't understand.

"Hey!" Travis yelled. I looked at him, and vines were staring to grow around his ankles.

"Katie stop it!" I yelled.

"No, keep doing it!" Connor said, laughing hysterically. The vines grew up Travis's legs, then his chest, but they stopped as soon as they reached his neck.

"Thank gods." Travis sighed with relief. But Katie wasn't finished. She clenched her fists. Travis yelped.

"She's... Making... The vines... Tighter!" Travis said. "Stop it!"

"Katie!" I yelled, putting so much force in my voice that even Thalia flinched.

"What?! Can't you see that I'm trying to kill him?" Katie asked, turning to face me.

"Juniper, will you take her and calm her down?" Juniper nodded and walked over to Katie.

"Come on, sweetie." Juniper said softly and led Katie out of my house.

"I hate men!" Katie yelled before slamming the door shut.

"Now will someone please cut these vines so I don't die?" Travis asked. I grabbed a pair of scissors and walked towards Travis.

"You know, you just ruined her first relationship." I said.

"You know, she almost ruined my lungs!" He yelled. I cut the vines away and Travis took a deep breath.

"That's better." He sighed. Everyone had shocked expressions on their faces, except for Clarisse and Connor, who were laughing.

"I'm not even sure what just happened." Grover said.

"You know, I think I ought to talk to Katie about joining the Hunters again..." Thalia said.

"What?!" Travis yelled, "You asked Katie to join the Hunters?!" Thalia raised her hands.

"She was asking what it was like to be a Hunter and I suggested it. Are you scared that you might lose your Katie?" Thalia teased. Travis's cheeks turned pink.

"No! I don't care about Katie anymore. She can join your Hunters if she wants." Thalia and I exchanged looked. Travis obviously still liked Katie.

---------------------------------------------

I hope that you liked this chapter! Please comment and tell me what you think!!