Chapter 10

ANNABETH

I can't remember how long Percy and I cuddled for. Maybe hours. But I finally pulled away.

"I'm better now." I said in a soft voice. Percy took my shaking hand.

"Are you sure?" He asked. I squeezed his hand and nodded. He hugged me one more time, and we stood up. He wrapped one arm around my waist and gripped my hand with his other hand. We walked downstairs. I sat down in a chair and brushed a hand through my hair. I heard my stomach rumble. It must've been loud, because Percy stared at me.

"Have you eaten anything today?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I haven't even left my room until now." I said quietly.

"Then I will make you the best meal ever!" Percy declared. "But you can't look until I'm done." I laughed. Percy held out his arm like a gentleman, and I took it.

"Come on." He said and led me to the living room. "You stay here until I'm finished." I sat down on the couch and Percy threw a cover over me.

"Now, stay." He said.

"Ok, I'll stay here." I said and picked up the TV remote. Percy skipped back into the kitchen like a little kid. I switched on the TV, and the news was on. Ew. I flipped through the channels until I came across a documentary about Ancient Greek architecture. Perfect! My two favourite things- Greece and architecture. I watched for about twenty minutes, until I smelled something really good.

"Percy, what are you making?" I asked, trying to make my voice strong. But, it came out soft and weak.

"It's a surprise!" He yelled back. I watched the documentary for a bit longer, until I heard Percy yelling, "Close your eyes! I'm bringing it through!" I laughed, but I closed my eyes. I felt something warm on my lap, and a pair of hands over my eyes.

"Ready?" Percy asked.

"Ready." I replied. Percy took his hands away and I opened my eyes. In front of me, I found a pile of blue pancakes stacked on a plate.

"Percy, you baked these?" I asked.

"Yup." He said, sitting down beside me and wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"Eat up." He said, placing a fork in my shaking hand.

"Thanks." I said. Percy had been kind enough to already cut the pancakes up, so I didn't have to. Before I knew it, I had finished them all.

"Oh my gods, Percy. Those were so good. You have to make them more often." I said and set the plate down on the ground. I turned to look at Percy.

"You have something on your mouth." He said, tapping his bottom lip. I wiped my mouth with the sleeve of my sweatshirt.

"Is it gone?" I asked.

"No. I'll get it." He leaned down and kissed me. I smiled and wove my arms around his neck. He pulled me closer and put one hand on my back, one hand in my hair. We kissed for a while, and things got a bit more... How should I say this... Intense. His tongue glided over my bottom lip, asking for entrance, and I let him in. I let a moan escape my lips. I could've stayed that way forever, but I heard the door unlock and we both pulled away from each other. I felt my face turn red, and I couldn't look at Percy. That was the farthest we had gone while kissing. I kept my eyes on the TV as the door opened. All my demigod, nymph, and satyr friends walked in.

"Look, she's out of her cave!" Connor yelled.

"It's a miracle!" Travis said, shaking his hands in the air.

"Annabeth!" Thalia said, running up to me and hugged me.

"What's wrong? Why were you crying so much? Are you ok now?" She was asking a bunch of questions that made me want to start crying. None of them I wanted to answer. I looked at Percy for support, and he seemed to understand.

"Um, guys. Follow me." He said walking through to the kitchen. I only heard muffled voices, then Thalia yelling, "What? She tells you before she tells her best friend?!" A few seconds later, they all came back and surrounded me. Thalia and Percy sat down on either side of me. Thalia placed her hand on mine.

"I'm so sorry." She said quietly. I smiled faintly.

"Thanks." I managed to say. It was quiet after that.

"Hey, why don't we go do something to get your mind off of... You know what."

Percy suggested. Everyone seemed to be happy with that, so I went and got dressed. I put on a pair of tattered jeans and a old black hoodie. When I was pulling the hoodie over my head, I heard someone knock on the door.

"Come in." I said. Percy popped his head in, his hand over his eyes.

"Can I look?" He asked. I giggled- a giggle only Percy could get out of me.

"Yes, you can look." I said. He put his hand down and walked in, closing the door behind him. He looked at me and smiled.

"How do you look good in everything you wear?" He asked. I blushed and smiled.

"That's what you came to tell me?" I asked. Percy looked in my eyes and took my hands.

"Um, listen," He said gently. "If at anytime you just want to come home or something, tell me, ok?"

"Ok, Seaweed Brain." I stood on my tiptoes and pecked his lips. When we got downstairs, I saw Connor and Travis fighting.

"What's going on?" I asked as Travis punched Connor in the eye.

"He ate my cookie!" Connor yelled, kicking Travis. Katie and Juniper were trying to pull the boys apart, while Thalia and Clarisse were standing and watching, chanting, "Fight, fight, fight!" I marched over to them.

"Stop it! You're both acting like children!" I yelled. The two stopped fighting immediately.

"Sorry." They mumbled. Percy came up behind me and put his arm around me.

"You ok?" He asked.

"Yeah. Just tense." I said. I brushed the hair out of my eyes.

"Come on." Percy said. "Lets go."

______________________________

Author's Note

Hey everyone sorry for the short chapter but I'm still kind of getting over you-know-what. And also, I'm really sick and I don't feel like writing. But don't worry! I'll be updating when I feel a bit better!! And I'll try to update Love is Complicated as well.