Chapter 27

BRIELLE

I could not believe that I told Percy my secret.

I hadn't told anyone- not even my own mother.

But I told him anyway.

I still had nightmares about it.

Stop, I thought. Stop thinking about it.

I shook my head, and tried to get the image of the car flipping over out of my head, but it didn't go anywhere.

And I knew that it wouldn't go away for a long time.

"Oh my god, Brielle. Are you even listening to me?"

I snapped my head up.

Miley was staring at me with her hands on her hips. She looked very annoyed, most likely at me.

"Oh, uh, sorry. I was just... Thinking. What did you say?"

Miley let out an annoyed little huff and held up two shirts to her body. "Which one do you think will make Percy like me more?"

She was holding a blue shirt and a red shirt; I knew for a fact that Percy's favourite colour was blue.

So, I said, "The red one."

Miley looked at me for a second, before dropping the blue shirt and stepping into her huge walk-in closet.

"What do you think Percy likes more? Skirts or jeans?"

"Skirts," I lied.

"Heels or flats?"

"Heels."

"Makeup or no makeup?"

"Oh, tons of makeup."

In a few minutes, Miley came out of her closet. She wore the red shirt that she was holding before, with a white, skin-tight skirt and huge pink heels. She was holding a mascara brush in one hand, and a lipstick in the other. She already had metallic eyeshadow on that made her look like some person from the future, and too much bronzer on her cheeks.

"Put this lipstick on for me, would you?" She tossed me the lipstick.

I caught it, then walked up to her and painted her lips bright red while she put on her mascara.

When I took a few steps away from her, I looked at her whole outfit.

What described Miley best?

She looked... Ridiculous.

"Do you think Percy will love it?" Miley asked, looking at herself in her full body mirror.

"Sure," I said. "But, Miles, he does seem head-over-heels for Annabeth..."

The blonde jerked her head in my direction and looked at me with her drawn-on eyebrows arched.

"So you're saying that she looks better with Percy Jackson me?!"

Yes, I thought.

"No," I said. "I'm just saying that he does seem in love with her-"

"Are you trying to get together with him?!" Miley shrieked.

My eyes widened. Of course I wasn't trying to get together with my own brother! But I couldn't tell Miley that.

"No!" I said. "I... I was just saying, that he seems in love with her... So it would probably take more than an outfit to make him leave Annabeth!"

Nice cover up, I thought.

Miley squinted at me for a second. She walked back into her closet. "You're right," she said. "What if I act more like Annie? Then he'll just adore me! Yes! I'm a genius!"